PDA

View Full Version : Flame Wars Won't Be Allowed

Dynasty
07-21-2005, 02:13 PM
There is an unfortunate habit of some posters to get themselves involved in flame wars (back and forth insults which add no substance to the thread or forum).

I can assure you that these insult posts/threads are going to be either locked or deleted as soon as I see them. Posters are not going to be allowed to turn the forum into their own personal battlefields.

Posters who refuse to refrain from flame wars will be subject to banning.

Grisgra
07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm a little disappointed that this post didn't take the form of a poll.

jakethebake
07-21-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little disappointed that this post didn't take the form of a poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly it should have been. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Howard Treesong
07-21-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is an unfortunate habit of some posters to get themselves involved in flame wars (back and forth insults which add no substance to the thread or forum).

[/ QUOTE ]

How, exactly, do you define it? For example, if you read the thread about the Matusow hand at the WSOP ME final table, Vince and I throw some insults at one another in the context of the discussion about the hand. I for one view the exchange as generally good-natured and within the bounds of fair debate.

If you have a different view and would be inclined to delete/lock/ban based on that thread, please advise.

joeboe2001
07-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Howard, with all due respect, you and (especially) Vince need to find a chatroom. Your reparte is neither clever nor entertaining. In fact, if I ever see you and Vince in the same thread again, I will ignore it.

Howard Treesong
07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Point taken.

joeboe2001
07-21-2005, 02:47 PM
You da man!!!

Hold'me
07-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Ban Smoothcall and Vince Lepore. Problem solved.

jedi
07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ban Smoothcall and Vince Lepore. Problem solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that redundant?

Jordan Olsommer
07-21-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Howard, you ignorant slut. Your reparte is neither clever nor entertaining. In fact, if I ever see you and Vince in the same thread again, I will ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

no flame; it's all in good fun... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Howard Treesong
07-21-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Howard, you ignorant slut and Paul asslicker. Your reparte is neither clever nor entertaining. In fact, if I ever see you and Vince in the same thread again, I will ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

no flame; it's all in good fun... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FYFYP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 03:04 PM
I can't but think this post was created for me saying something about how you(our moderator) is lock happy. That you are abusing your moderating powers because you can.

And i also have to feel i am one of the people you are referring to when you say some posters get themselves involded in flame war and you either will lock them, delete them, or possibly ban them. Please show me where i have created a flame war or made this my own personal battleground? I never insult until insulted first(and even then uusally refrain from insulting back). But when i do insult back i never use profanity or racist comments. Although i am constantly being called names and profanities by certain few posters. Yet you fail to ban them or warn them. Anyone who gets insulted in here responds back. Its human nature. It just so happens i get insulted more than any becasue people can't forget the past(which i didnt deserve then eitehr btw). But i always stick to the facts of a thread and other posters attack me. If you don't beleive this look at my history for the past 2 months and show me one time where i ever started the flame war. In fact you tried to start one with me awhile back when you proceeded to tell me why everyone in here hates me. That was very professional of you. Not to mention hypocritical. I will continue to stick to the facts and discuss poilitely like i always do. Make sure if you see me insult somebody look at the post right above mine i can gaurentee it will be someone who insulted me first and tried to start a flame war. Than you can either ban or delete there post and we won't have any problems. Ask Matt Sklansky if he had any problems with me after we got things straightened out. Oh and he never was lock happy.

TheMainEvent
07-21-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And i also have to feel i am one of the people you are referring to when you say some posters get themselves involded in flame war and you either will lock them, delete them, or possibly ban them. Please show me where i have created a flame war or made this my own personal battleground? I never insult until insulted first(and even then uusally refrain from insulting back). But when i do insult back i never use profanity or racist comments. Although i am constantly being called names and profanities by certain few posters. Yet you fail to ban them or warn them. Anyone who gets insulted in here responds back. Its human nature. It just so happens i get insulted more than any becasue people can't forget the past(which i didnt deserve then eitehr btw). But i always stick to the facts of a thread and other posters attack me. If you don't beleive this look at my history for the past 2 months and show me one time where i ever started the flame war. In fact you tried to start one with me awhile back when you proceeded to tell me why everyone in here hates me. That was very professional of you. Not to mention hypocritical. I will continue to stick to the facts and discuss poilitely like i always do. Make sure if you see me insult somebody look at the post right above mine i can gaurentee it will be someone who insulted me first and tried to start a flame war. Than you can either ban or delete there post and we won't have any problems. Ask Matt Sklansky if he had any problems with me after we got things straightened out. Oh and he never was lock happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way anyone read this paragraph

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 03:07 PM
And i did notice your threats here. Are you trying to start a flame war? Don't worry i will refrain from your and others tactics to try to make me look like the bad guy.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 03:10 PM
You, augie, trainwrecker (i think his name is) are 3 off the top of my head that definately desreve to be banned. There a few other but i think Matt sklansky banned them beofre so things are better than they used to be.

drewjustdrew
07-21-2005, 03:12 PM
why'd you have to do that? can't we ignore quotes too?

Publos Nemesis
07-21-2005, 03:27 PM
i just want to post here before this thread gets locked any minute now.

NUReedy
07-21-2005, 03:27 PM
This post was brilliant in its accuracy.

theghost
07-21-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This post was brilliant in its accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Subby
07-21-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah definitely. Fer sure. Yup.

Boris
07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
as long as we can still spread rumor, innuendo and gossi I'm all for getting rid of flame wars.

AngryCola
07-21-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How, exactly, do you define it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm not sure what will count as a flame war and what will not. I suppose it will be entirely at the mod's discretion. If you're talking about back and forth insults, that's one thing. But if it's just a heated discussion derived from the subject matter, I don't think it should be against any rules.

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah definitely. Fer sure. Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Howard Treesong
07-21-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose it will be entirely at the mod's discretion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's what I'm driving at. If Dynasty has some articulated guidelines that might permit a reasonable person to assess the chances of being banned, it might be nice if he'd state them. I generally think he does a reasonably good job of moderating, although I certainly did disagree with his locking/deleting of Daliman's H-DOG post.

I don't have any particular desire to get banned, and would like to figure how close I am to the line, if at all.

Dynasty
07-21-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Dynasty has some articulated guidelines that might permit a reasonable person to assess the chances of being banned, it might be nice if he'd state them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did in the orginal post.

flame wars (back and forth insults which add no substance to the thread or forum)

C'mon. You know what a flame war is.

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can assure you that these insult posts/threads are going to be either locked or deleted as soon as I see them. Posters are not going to be allowed to turn the forum into their own personal battlefields.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, with all due respect, I've got to disagree...the ONLY threads that cause me to truly laugh out loud (well, except for the occasional PP line of such sarcastic, witty elegance that it must be remembered for all time--see, e.g., the line about reading one's temparature to the ninth decimal place and then discovering that the measuring device was actually a breadstick) are these scorched earth, rear-guard battles for acceptance from smoothcall and vince lepore.

And I really hope that they are NOT one and the same person, because that presumably would halve their ranting output over time...

For sheer entertainment value, where else are we supposed to turn? I mean, do you have any idea how hard it is to get a chuckle out of people when the topic is "playing medium pairs from early position when the stacks are deep", blah blah?

This stuff is priceless, and if it were a poll, my vote would be "flame on!!!"... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Howard Treesong
07-21-2005, 04:06 PM
In the abstract, sure I do. But you might, for example, (reasonably) construe the header "Has Vince Ever Actually Played NLHE" as being an inflammatory tagline that adds nothing to the debate -- and thus lock or delete it.

Since it sounds as though you're not about to do that, however, I'll STFU now.

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose it will be entirely at the mod's discretion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's what I'm driving at. If Dynasty has some articulated guidelines that might permit a reasonable person to assess the chances of being banned, it might be nice if he'd state them. I generally think he does a reasonably good job of moderating, although I certainly did disagree with his locking/deleting of Daliman's H-DOG post.

I don't have any particular desire to get banned, and would like to figure how close I am to the line, if at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, please. This isn't a first amendment issue Howard, it is entirely within the moderator's authority to reserve to himself unbridled discretion to ban a participant for being an ass. Even if it WILL greatly reduce the humor content of the site, I think Dynasty is the man! And also very smart, and handsome.

p.s. Now, would you care to make a "last longer" bet? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the abstract, sure I do. But you might, for example, (reasonably) construe the header "Has Vince Ever Actually Played NLHE" as being an inflammatory tagline that adds nothing to the debate -- and thus lock or delete it.

Since it sounds as though you're not about to do that, however, I'll STFU now.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this falls in the category of "one argument too many"...didn't they teach you in that mock trial thing to stop before making that last argument? Geez!

p.s. Dynasty is the man! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Howard Treesong
07-21-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. Now, would you care to make a "last longer" bet? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dynasty has shoes that need polishing, I know just the man to do it.

p.s. who said anything about the First Amendment? Of COURSE we're at Dynasty's whim. I was simply trying to get a sense of how benevolent this particular dictator is.

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dynasty has shoes that need polishing, I know just the man to do it.

p.s. who said anything about the First Amendment? Of COURSE we're at Dynasty's whim. I was simply trying to get a sense of how benevolent this particular dictator is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if there's one thing sure to bring down a hail of benevolence upon you from the moderator, it's continued bitching about the ambiguity of his initial post.

Maybe you could give him a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice in it, too? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
07-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Was this in response to my little poll about the poll about the poll? I actuall thought that was all in good fun, and wouldn't at all have considered it a flame war. But I didn't get to read any of the responses before they were deleted, so maybe I just missed the flame war part?

Dynasty
07-21-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was this in response to my little poll about the poll about the poll?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, not.

There is a locked Phil Ivey thread in which the most recent flame war started.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 04:18 PM
If its at the moderator's discretion that could be a problem. As he may unfairly abuse his power to lock, delete, or ban people based on who he likes and dislikes.

For instance, he doesn't like me so i bet i'm ranked number 1 on his list of who he's looking at even though i have not used one profanity(either ever, or at least in the last 2 months), started one flame war, or made one racist comment. Its purely that he dislikes me. So if i get banned it will be for this reaosn and no other. As i am always a good boy no matter how often i'm attacked on here. I always start over and try to get back to poker and tlak about interesting hands and what not and someone always comes in and say something like "why don't you sip a glass of stfu"(poster was hold me, in Lee Watkinson thread i believe). Yet that is overlooked by the moderator and i get blamed for flamewars. Hold me should be ranked #1 on the possible ban list.

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If its at the moderator's discretion that could be a problem. As he may unfairly abuse his power to lock, delete, or ban people based on who he likes and dislikes.

For instance, he doesn't like me so i bet i'm ranked number 1 on his list of who he's looking at even though i have not used one profanity(either ever, or at least in the last 2 months), started one flame war, or made one racist comment. Its purely that he dislikes me. So if i get banned it will be for this reaosn and no other. As i am always a good boy no matter how often i'm attacked on here. I always start over and try to get back to poker and tlak about interesting hands and what not and someone always comes in and say something like "why don't you sip a glass of stfu"(poster was hold me, in Lee Watkinson thread i believe). Yet that is overlooked by the moderator and i get blamed for flamewars. Hold me should be ranked #1 on the possible ban list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, given that there is apparantly a broad consensus among the members that you're the one who starts many of these flame wars, isn't it possible that you're just not perceiving the situation accurately?

I don't mind them at all (for the entertainment reasons previously posted), but if the moderator does, then you can't win the argument about whether flame wars are "bad" or not. So, don't post stuff like "donkey play" about top pros, and then you won't get involved in these flame wars all the time.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 04:27 PM
You would be near the list of possible people to ban as well. Sorry i forgot you. I make constructive post after constructive post and everytime you chime in with an insult when not provoked. I will not respond to you again in this thread because i don't want to be accused of being in a flamewar with you. If you would just stick to the topics and tlka about that or don't respond to my threads at all we wouldn't have a problem. Same goes for hold me, trainwreck, and others. If you want to discuss my posts intelligently without insults by all means join in. But if you just want to jump in to call me names and insults please just pass by my posts. Waving my white flag to all my haters lets start over guys ok?

Godfather80
07-21-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You would be near the list of possible people to ban as well. Sorry i forgot you. I make constructive post after constructive post and everytime you chime in with an insult when not provoked. I will not respond to you again in this thread because i don't want to be accused of being in a flamewar with you. If you would just stick to the topics and tlka about that or don't respond to my threads at all we wouldn't have a problem. Same goes for hold me, trainwreck, and others. If you want to discuss my posts intelligently without insults by all means join in. But if you just want to jump in to call me names and insults please just pass by my posts. Waving my white flag to all my haters lets start over guys ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so persecuted. How can you stand it?

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent, if that was your last reply, then I will by definition have the last word.

And as one of your (very) few defenders here (what I wrote was that you SHOULD be allowed to continue posting), I don't think you can afford to add me to the "should be banned" list! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Although, to be fair, your suggestion that I should be on the banned list is amusingly like when Homer becomes Bart's football coach for a couple of weeks, and any time he doesn't like something a player says, he shouts out "you're cut!"... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I know i said i wouldn't respond agian but one last thing. Why does everybody still tie me in with vince? We almost never appear in the same threads. Partially on purpose because we don't want to be accused of ganging up on others. And partially to seperate ouselves from people thinking we are the same person. At least that my reaosn not sure for vince. So see us for seperate entities when wanting to say we did somehting wrong or what not and not the same person. It really isn't fair to either of us.

Btw that white flag goes up to Dynasty as well.

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, is that helpful? It is a rare and beautiful thing to find someone with a persecution complex who is also, to a degree, actually persecuted...and pointing it out can only diminish the beauty my friend /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bearly
07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
hello, what do you folks want? a forum or a chat room? i find chatrooms boring, just as i find the petty bickering on this forum boring. and "dictator"? that is the stuff of high school newspaper's "letters to the editor". i think all of the moderators have let this foolishness, passed off as humor, go on far too long. it's a waste of time to wade thru 15-20 posts to pick up comments relating to the original topic. why don't you fans of the chat room option just go to the "pm" and work it out among yourselves and spare the rest of us. in conclusion, i think it is fairly obvious how many of the really stimulating thinkers on poker have slowed down or stopped posting on this forum. h

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
More insults. Where is Dynasty now? As Samuel Jackson would say in pulp fiction "i'm trying real hard to be the shepard"

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 04:46 PM
There was no flame war. Dynasty just overreacted and decided to lock a post.

Phill S
07-21-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he could hid in a wardrobe till the moderators are overthrown by the allies.

Seriously, everyone should just grow the [censored] up.

Phill

Dynasty
07-21-2005, 04:52 PM
I took a second look at the Phil Ivey thread after a PM from AngryCola. I'm unlocking it.

I think a stream of posts stood out at the end of the thread and made me think the flaming was worse than it actually was.

Still, there are quite a few uncecessary posts at the end of the thread.

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(back and forth insults which add no substance to the thread or forum).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just ban the first poster in a thread that throws an insult to another poster? I can live with that.

I find it very amusing and insulting at the same time that you feel competent to determine just what constitutes an insult and how many need to be exchanged before YOU declare it a "Flame" war. This thread is the most childish that has been started here in a long time.

Since when does the definition of moderator include setting unreasonable, self centered, personal preference rules of participation. Twoplustwo needs to rethink their moderator policy.

Vnce

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Me making a post titled donkey play is not starting a flamewar. Thats how you want to see it to feel better about yourself for insulting me when unprovoked. Show me posts where i directly insulted any of you 1st before you insulted me. If you don't like my posts titled "donkey play" then refrain from responding to them instead of deciding to reply with nothing more than insults. Am i making sense? How are the haters gonna twist this one?

And the reason people believe i am the one starting the flamewars are because they either dislike me and won't admit the truth or aren't smart enough to examine whole threads to see where the flamewar starts. If they did they will see i have never(at least i don't think ever) but for sure can show you 1,000 to you 1(if there ever was one i doubt it) where the other person insults me first starting the flamewar. And when a flamewar starts i still refrain from profanity and racist comments. Prove me wrong with my statement here. You know if they could be proven worng they would be. As my haters can't wait to try and make me look bad.

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Maybe a PM from you to those that you believe are involved in a flame war would suffice before locking a thread or banning anyone. I don't get your hard fast determination to make people afraid to post here.

Vince

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Thank you for looking at it again and being fair. Thats all i ask.

LesJ
07-21-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually laughed out loud due to the fact that I stopped reading the referenced post about 17 words in.

MonkeeMan
07-21-2005, 05:56 PM
There are 49 posts in this thread as I write this.

10 are from Smoothcall.

Hope he's less predictable when playing cards.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 06:00 PM
No i'm very predictable playing cards as well. Ask Sossman. Problem is even though you know how i play you still can't beat me.

-Skeme-
07-21-2005, 06:22 PM
For the record, me telling Smoothcall to STFU and his replies weren't flame wars.

pokergripes
07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On a related note, and while recognizing that this might not itself be directly poker-related, I just wanted to share a great paragraph from a recent John Podhoretz editorial in the NY Post (he's a political commentator)--the context is that he's describing Chuck Schumer's recent over-the-top rhetoric on numerous public issues (under a headline "Mellow Out, Chuck"), including the cell phone call where Schumer was heard saying he's preparing to "go to war" over the Supreme Court nomination (before anyone had been named):

"Now comes word that the president will name his Supreme Court candidate sometime this week. What are you going to do for an encore, senator? Shout 'Flame On!' and fly through the capitol on fire? Declare 'It's clobberin' time' and smash a hole into the wall of the Supreme Court? All I'm asking is: Bring it down a notch, senator. Please. It's summer. Try a Pimms cup. They're refreshing, and who knows? Maybe it'll take the edge off."

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, me telling Smoothcall to STFU and his replies weren't flame wars.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are a wild and funny guy, for sure!

vince

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if I ever see you and Vince in the same thread again, I will ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so restrictive. I think you should ignore any thread that I am invoved in or at least anything I post. I'll do the same for you.

Vince

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Dynasty asked me to post this here rather than start a new thread so I am.

A moderator's job is not to police a forum! His job is to encourage and increase participation. He has the authority to settle disputes and to enforce the terms of aggreement. A forum moderator should not nor do I believe that he has the power to impose his own standards of conduct upon forum participants. Twoplustwo hosts this forum. They have developed terms of agreement. If a participant follows that agreement it is not the moderator's place to impose unwarranted sanctions on him.

I have been deeply involved in so called "flame wars" here on this forum. I don't take insults lightly. I never begin the insults regardless of what some on this forum claim. I didn't post on this forum for a few weeks maybe a few months and then I came up here and made a comment about Mike Matusow's hand. It was my opinion of how he played the hand. That's all! The reply I got was that "I was trolling". That is an insult in my book. Where was the moderator in this case? Some idiots on this forum continue to call me a liar even though Matt Sklansky has come up here and told them that he has personally met Smoothcall and we are two different individuals. They still refer to Smoothcall as Vince. Where was the moderator? You have a nutcase named Holdme up here that has literally theatened people's lives and he hasn't recieved as much as a warning.

When I was involved in flame wars I asked those that didn't like my posts to ignore me. I in turn would gnore them. This bull about having to wade through posts is just that, bull. Some of these posters made posts asking to ban me and peppered them with insults. I complaind to Matt. He took action but then told me that he would no longer respond to my complaints. So when I got insults after that, I PM'd the culprit with an insult of my own. A PM, mind you. Matt told me he would bar me if I did it again. And then he banned Smoothcall because smoothcall made a post in which he jokingly said he was Paul Phillips. Another poster noticed that was in violation of the terms of agreement and notified Matt who banned smoothcall.

Now we have a moderator who arbitrarily decided what an insult is and what isn't and locks threads or threatens to ban people instead of trying to keep things flowing smoothly. A moderator that finds he has an irritating poster that violates the terms of agreement should warn him and if he persists then he should ban him but that is all he should do. And he should only do that if he ensures that the poster is in fact guilty of breaking the terms of agreement and not because of the moderators own personal preferences of what constitutes a good discussion. The job of a moderator is to encourage not discourage participation.

Vince

kenberman
07-21-2005, 08:43 PM
if Dynasty has the power to prevent you from posting this in a new thread, then I say give him all the power he needs.

dogmeat
07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't know if I like this idea. If you start banning the idiots, I'll have to go about doing my "ignore user" on a bunch of new identities that will sprout up from the ashes of the idiots.....................(unintentional pun with the "Flame" title).

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 09:06 PM
How does Mike Omalley make a post into a locked thread? Is this how its gonna work now? That threads are opened for only who you choose and locked for everybody else? And i like when its opened for him he starts a flame war LOL! What is going on? You open just for him so he can insult vince but its locked for everybodyelse? I mean you just set the rules we are abiding by them but don't you (and who you choose to let post in locked threads) have to abide by the rules as well? That is just so unfair to let Omalley take a cheap shot and we're not allowed to respond.

silencee
07-21-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does Mike Omalley make a post into a locked thread? Is this how its gonna work now? That threads are opened for only who you choose and locked for everybody else? And i like when its opened for him he starts a flame war LOL! What is going on? You open just for him so he can insult vince but its locked for everybodyelse? I mean you just set the rules we are abiding by them but don't you (and who you choose to let post in locked threads) have to abide by the rules as well? That is just so unfair to let Omalley take a cheap shot and we're not allowed to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is sarcastic. They should have an IQ requirement for posting.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Look Dynasty this guy has insulted me in 2 different posts. He is following me and trying to bate me into a flamewar. I am being the bigger man. Get him away from me.

Voltron87
07-21-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Look Dynasty this guy has insulted me in 2 different posts. He is following me and trying to bate me into a flamewar. I am being the bigger man. Get him away from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres this thing, the ignore button.

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 09:28 PM
I agree. A new thread was uncalled for, I apologize. At the same time I don't think I like you so I'm putting you on ignore. Just the same thanks for your reply. Have a nice life. Leave mine alone. Dynasty should be made aware that the title moderator does not mean that this is his forum. Or don't you agree. Oops don't answer that I won't read it. you are on ignore. Maybe Mike O malley will reply. He seems to think that it's silly to challenge the modrstor's power. Maybe they are buddies. Who knows.

Vince

Vince

Pov
07-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Thank you.

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope this is sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not sarcastic. Omalley posted 15 minutes after the thread was locked. Do you know who Mike O'malley is? If you did you might not wonder why he gets special undeserved treatment. You might ask the same question smoothcall is asking or anyone else that thinks dynasty might be abusing his authority.

Vince

GrannyMae
07-21-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. A new thread was uncalled for, I apologize. At the same time I don't think I like you so I'm putting you on ignore. Just the same thanks for your reply. Have a nice life. Leave mine alone. Dynasty should be made aware that the title moderator does not mean that this is his forum. Or don't you agree. Oops don't answer that I won't read it. you are on ignore. Maybe Mike O malley will reply. He seems to think that it's silly to challenge the modrstor's power. Maybe they are buddies. Who knows.

Vince

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

when i read that thread, the option to reply to mike o'malley's post was not greyed out. for some reason, the last post in the thread seemed to not be locked.

maybe it was a timing thing, but after the thread was locked it appeared i had the ability to reply to o'malley's post only.

there is nothing dynasty did to allow mike to post. it was a weird bug. i almost posted a reply, but had nothing to say.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 09:59 PM
It looks like you can reply but you can't, i tried. the reply button opens but when you hit to submit says locked. unless its different again i tried before.

Offsprung
07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
I disagree and you are stupid! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dynasty
07-21-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of making accusations, why don't you ask questions first?

I have no idea how Mike O'Malley was able to post in that thread. But, I certainly didn't open it up just for him.

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Instead of making accusations, why don't you ask questions first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah just like you did before you locked the Phil Ivey thread! Give me break. This is not your forum no matter what you believe. You need a lesson in fairness.

Vince

augie00
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You, augie, trainwrecker (i think his name is) are 3 off the top of my head that definately desreve to be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 11:14 PM
My apologies. You can see how it looks odd after you lock a post that the only person who gets in to respond is some guy who probably has some juice with the higher ups. I hope he will be repremanded for insulting and trying to create a flamewar right after you gave your warning. Afterall the rules apply to everyone don't they?

GrannyMae
07-21-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My apologies. You can see how it looks odd after you lock a post that the only person who gets in to respond is some guy who probably has some juice with the higher ups. I hope he will be repremanded for insulting and trying to create a flamewar right after you gave your warning. Afterall the rules apply to everyone don't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe the software detected that o'malleys post was 100% accurate and that trumps the lock??

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe the software detected that o'malleys post was 100% accurate and that trumps the lock??

[/ QUOTE ]

You just may be correct, I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that the following is a typical post from GrannyMae (that be you). From this, one should be able to pretty accurately discern your contributions to this poker discussion forum.

[ QUOTE ]
McDonald's fry sticker

come to think of it, i think it is almost time for the 2005 mcdonald's monopoly game. yee-haw

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you da man!

Vince

realwtf
07-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Two people start a flame war in a thread. So you will lock/delete the thread?

Bad thread needs to be punished! That will show threads who is in control.

GrannyMae
07-21-2005, 11:48 PM
mmmm, fries

(another quality post brought to you by grannymae)

radek2166
07-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Can you explain wyh you lock so many threads? I dont understand it? Does it cost 2+2 more money to have 5k threads vs 2k threads?

yoadrians
07-21-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You, augie, trainwrecker (i think his name is) are 3 off the top of my head that definately desreve to be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing Auggie should be banned from is going on a trip when I'm having a home poker tournament and would like him to come.

Sup, bro?

BTW, this thread is neat.

Vincent Lepore
07-21-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, same quality as the stuff on your poker website. Everyone should visit there if they need a Big mac and fries.

Vince

GrannyMae
07-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Yup, same quality as the stuff on your poker website

why thank you vince!! the one mentioned in my profile? you mean www.playpcpoker.com (http://www.playpcpoker.com) ?

thanks for the mention!!

Myrtle
07-22-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, same quality as the stuff on your poker website. Everyone should visit there if they need a Big mac and fries.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

........I would really not like to see two friends of mine go at it.

Vince & Granny....Don't do it, please.

...or I will have to call Guido & Vito.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Myrt........

Michael O'Malley
07-22-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Mike O malley will reply. He seems to think that it's silly to challenge the modrstor's power. Maybe they are buddies. Who knows.

Vince

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Vince, everywhere I go you are whining about something. What gives? Maybe you should walk outside and pick some flowers?

Vincent Lepore
07-22-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Vince, everywhere I go you are whining about something. What gives? Maybe you should walk outside and pick some flowers

[/ QUOTE ]

Everywhere you go? You are a freakin liar. I've never met you, nor talked to you that I can remeber. I never read one of your posts until you commented on mine. I have no desire to meet you or talk with you or exchange anything with you. Get lost. You are an ignored big mouth.

vince

Michael O'Malley
07-22-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Vince, everywhere I go you are whining about something. What gives? Maybe you should walk outside and pick some flowers

[/ QUOTE ]

Everywhere you go? You are a freakin liar. I've never met you, nor talked to you that I can remeber. I never read one of your posts until you commented on mine. I have no desire to meet you or talk with you or exchange anything with you. Get lost. You are an ignored big mouth.

vince

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dynasty
07-22-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why you lock so many threads??

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I've locked more than a dozen threads in the WPT forum since I became moderator. The two reasons which stand out are that the thread is (1) only (or degenerated) into nothing but an insult thread or (2) a duplicate thread.

I've deleted some as well. But, those were either spam or blatant insult threads (often Woman Poker Player X is fat and ugly).

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 01:10 AM
Is this spam?

Vincent Lepore
07-22-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(often Woman Poker Player X is fat and ugly).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey that's not funny! Woman Player X is a friend of mine! What's with the insults? Lock this thread please it's degenerating.

Vince

tdarko
07-22-2005, 01:18 AM
this thread gets my vote as "the thread that least proved a point"

PairTheBoard
07-22-2005, 01:28 AM
I would hate to see the 2+2 Forums degenerate into what I've seen on other Forums due to lack of working Moderators.

PairTheBoard

touchfaith
07-22-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this has been ironically one of the best flame wars yet...

Don't make me bust out the Flaming Moe

GrannyMae
07-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Flaming Moe

what is this, of which you speak /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

tdarko
07-22-2005, 01:34 AM
i wonder if there is such thing as a flaming mae?

m1illion
07-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Funniest thread going.
Seriously tho, I'm pretty clear on flame wars, but what about flame incursions or flame border conflicts?

touchfaith
07-22-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flaming Moe

what is this, of which you speak /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Some post I stumbled on (and saved) a few years back...forget where it was posted....

Ok...I give you the flame to end all flames (and hopefully to end this thread)...

The Flaming Moe

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour urine out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel.

Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake? You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious.

You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill. You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away. I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid, so stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.

I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupidity for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh. The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of your of whay you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Maybe later in life, when you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this forum.

I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you!!!

Smoothcall
07-22-2005, 01:51 AM
Well i agree. Its good to have a moderator. But i think it was better in the old days when the moderaotrs stayed in the backround and just deleted a post when it went way over the top with insults, spam, and racist stuff.

Btw i think Dynasty is trying hard to be a good moderator(honestly with no sarcasm). And i respect his dedication. I just think he is trying to hard. And getting too involved, and being to hasty in bumping and locking posts. He should just chill and let the forum run smoothly. And things would be fine. Maybe watch the guys that come on just to post insults and give them a warning and if they continue ban them. Thats all. And i'm not telling dynasty how to run the forum. Just my 2 cents why people are getting frustrated with the moderator. And i'm still waving my white flag Dynasty. I'm sorry if i was rude to you. Lets start over. Can't we all just get along?

Vincent Lepore
07-22-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, this has been ironically one of the best flame wars yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and less it be forgotten this thread was begun by the forum moderator. Enough said.

Vince

Sponger15SB
07-22-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko smells