PDA

View Full Version : AA - to fold or not to fold?

NNH
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
I can't get my hand history from work, so I'm going off my recollection of the hand.

This is a $20 on Party. Level 2 blinds. 9 players left.

Hero has AA on the button. 3 limpers, I make it 3x to 90. SB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop is Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB makes it 100. Folds around to CO who makes it 200. I reraise all-in and get called by both villains.

Looking back at the hand, this should be an easy fold right? I had SB on top pair as he seemed like a weak player, but really had no read on CO. Again it was early on in the tourney.

How was my line? Results to come.

mlagoo
07-21-2005, 02:08 PM
$22. not an easy fold. not even a fold. with the information you gave us (missing stack sizes, etc), you played it right.

Paradigm
07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
First, with three limpers before, I would raise to more than 100 -- maybe 150. Second, no, this is not an "easy fold" like you said. I don't mind pushing over-the-top all in, considering your only other option is really to put in a nice 500 chip re-raise, and by then, if someone pushes, you've got to call.

J-Lo
07-21-2005, 02:10 PM
raise more preflop 125-200 range, preferably in the higher end of that range-- then get your money in on ANY flop.

durron597
07-21-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise more preflop 125-200 range, preferably in the higher end of that range-- then get your money in on ANY flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicholasp27
07-21-2005, 02:12 PM
u should raise at least 3xbb+1x for limpers (some say 2x for limpers)...so 180 if u do that...so 150 or 200 would be better than 90

after the flop, if someone wants to call ur push with a flush draw, let em...if someone has a q, let em call...the only thing that they have where they are ahead is qq, 66, 88, q8, q6, 86

bigt439
07-21-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't get my hand history from work, so I'm going off my recollection of the hand.

This is a $20 on Party. Level 2 blinds. 9 players left.

Hero has AA on the button. 3 limpers, I make it 3x to 90. SB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop is Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB makes it 100. Folds around to CO who makes it 200. I reraise all-in and get called by both villains.

Looking back at the hand, this should be an easy fold right? I had SB on top pair as he seemed like a weak player, but really had no read on CO. Again it was early on in the tourney.

How was my line? Results to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do not fold. It makes me sad.

NNH
07-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry about the stack sizes. I had about 950 and they both had roughly 700-800.

Yeah, I agree the PF raise was just asking for lots of customers. As far as the flop play, yeah a raise wasnt in question for the reasons you guys brought up.

My only other thought was calling and pushing the turn, but I'm pretty sure CO would've probably bet out, making my push worthless.

Anyway, SB showed Qx for top pair and CO showed Kxs for the flush draw. The turn was a Q for SBs trips and the river the flush card for CO. Based on the results, I'd push this all day. Trying not to be results-oriented though, am I behind enough in this situation to justify a fold this early in a tourney. I wasn't pot-committed to the hand (is this too weak?).

Thanks again.

Phill S
07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Your never behind often enough for this to be a fold.

I think this is true at the higher levels, though id be interested in knowing if some disagreed.

Phill

DarrenX
07-21-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn was a Q for SBs trips and the river the flush card for CO. Based on the results, I'd push this all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny- Based on the results, I'd fold all day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NNH
07-21-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The turn was a Q for SBs trips and the river the flush card for CO. Based on the results, I'd push this all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny- Based on the results, I'd fold all day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that did sound funny. Based on their hands, I'd push all day. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ldavidjm
07-21-2005, 06:48 PM
I don't think this is a fold at all. I'd echo the raise more PF with that many limpers but I push in that spot as well.

nWirb
07-22-2005, 12:15 AM
This is a 20.
Very easy push IMHO.

hobbes9324
07-22-2005, 12:52 AM
that is a disturbing avatar.....or Helmuth after a bad beat, I suppose

nWirb
07-22-2005, 01:06 AM
Yes, I also find it very very disturbing. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

starvs
07-22-2005, 01:15 AM
The only way i would this is if someone cut both my hands off and the clock ran-down before I could move the slider over and click all-in with my nose.

pergesu
07-22-2005, 02:22 AM
Here's a general rule to follow.

Always see the river with AA, and try to get all-in preflop if possible, or on the flop if not.

I promise that if you follow that, you will avoid making very costly laydowns and make up for the very, very few times where a laydown is incorrect. Getting all your chips in the middle with AA is a good thing.