PDA

View Full Version : Boogeyman

jakethebake
07-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Has anyone seen the movie Boogeyman? I saw it last night. It's the same movie as Darkness Falls, which was also the same movie as Tooth Fairy! WTF?!?!?!

Benal
07-21-2005, 02:40 PM
I thought it kinda sucked. Lame ending.

steviej1717
07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
It was alright until you saw the boogeyman, then it was just a bunch of crap flying around. possibly renting material

DeezNuts
07-21-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen the movie Boogeyman? I saw it last night. It's the same movie as Darkness Falls, which was also the same movie as Tooth Fairy! WTF?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Darkness Falls was based on Tooth Fairy. The initial name during production for Darkness Falls was Tooth Fairy, but it was changed pretty late in the game. It was made by Revolution Studios. Boogeyman was made under the Screen Gems label.

Both Revolution and Screen Gems fall under the Columbia/Tristar Motion Pictures umbrella which, for all purposes, is Sony Pictures Studios(my company). There is definite sharing of ideas between the two.

I think Hollywood has just run out of ideas and are starting to go with "whatever worked in the past". I have not seen any of these, they sound pretty stupid.

DN

thatpfunk
07-21-2005, 06:15 PM
How can people be saying it "kinda" sucked? The movie was absurdly bad.

It became humorous how ridiculous it was. How do movies like it even get made?

Iplayragstoo
07-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Godfuckingawful

I found myself doing a fast forward on the DVD most of the time as I can only take so much "move slow because I hear something scary around the corner/behind the door" crap.

Funny..I watched it last night too... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jakethebake
07-21-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Hollywood has just run out of ideas and are starting to go with "whatever worked in the past". I have not seen any of these, they sound pretty stupid. DN

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. The problem is that it didn't work for Tooth Fairy, then it didn't work for Darkness Falls so why the hell make Boogeyman?

Bradyams
07-21-2005, 08:14 PM
My favorite movie when I was a kid was Mr. Boogedy

-Skeme-
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm so sick of these stupid movies. They're all the same. Just random [censored] jumping around at you.

DeezNuts
07-21-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea. The problem is that it didn't work for Tooth Fairy, then it didn't work for Darkness Falls so why the hell make Boogeyman?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason is that Darkness Falls turned a profit. It had very low negative costs and, even at ~$30m domestic box office, it is expected to finish with a small(under $10m) profit(which is very hard to say about most movies).

Boogeyman was the same way: low payment to actors, low production costs, small ad campaign. It made $45m at the box office but was one of our most profitable movies last year.

In comparison, Spanglish is expected to lose almost $100m by during the life of the film.

Darkness Falls and Boogeyman are small budget movies with very little risk and we'll definitely see many more until they prove to be box office losers. Hollywood tends to repeat profitable performances until they are COMPLETELY dead and buried(see any sequel).

DN