PDA

View Full Version : Poorly played hand from the sb

11t
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
I feel like I played this like a little girl. This is the 2nd time villain has called a bet on the flop/turn and then bet out the pot if it was checked to him, first time the guy folded. I haven't seen him show down anything but one winning hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t3160)
Hero (t1430)
BB (t3220)
UTG (t1610)
MP1 (t1260)
MP2 (t1510)
CO (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls t30, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t90</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Button calls t90.

Turn: (t300) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t270</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t570

schwza
07-21-2005, 01:16 PM
i'd bet again on the turn. his most likely hand is a bigger T, so you should either win the pot or get to see a cheap river.

Lady Dont Tekno
07-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Don't lead out this flop. Bad bad position and tons of hands you're behind. However playing it as you played it you have to bet 150-200 on the turn -- folding to a reraise. When you check the turn you've lost the hand automatically.

Depending on how competent the players are I think a case can be made for this line:
Check/call flop.
Check/reraise all-in turn.

LDT

sng-sam
07-21-2005, 02:48 PM
there have been several threads lately where someone has a pair (often TP) and a flush draw. And the question is often how hard shoud I push. I "try" to be more conservative espcially with BB t30 in a situation like this. I like check calling the flop and the turn here. I know it's weak but you still have ~T1000 if you have to fold on the river. I don't want to lay down a draw this good. Especially if I'm suspicious about whether or not villan has an ace. 2 to 1 on your pot odds and 3 to 1 on your draw if I'm correct. This all assumes that your 10 is no longer good. So will you get paid if you hit a 10 or a diamond? not sure will you bet paid if you hit a nine ? most definetly. I like to gamble here for ohe more card with this draw and these stacks. Someone tell me why I'm wrong I would love to learn more.

SAM

bigt439
07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/reraise all-in turn.

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? This seems like a pretty good way to go broke or win a fairly small pot.

bigt439
07-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Your flop line is fine, although I think you could make an argument for check raising it and then 1/2 potting most turns. As for how the hand played I think you definitely have to lead this turn. You can then fold to a raise. Your hand is just too strong to check fold, because of how often your check will induce a bet. You can probably go check check on the river if you miss, or check/call / check/fold depending on reads, cards and action.

11t
07-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Well my entire thought line was he either had a better T than myself, or a flushdraw (possibly the A high). When the Ace hit on the turn I figured that if he has a better T than me or a flushdraw with a spiked top pair I am in a tough spot and OOP versus an aggressive big stack that could easily put all the heat on me on the river. Of course he could have just been on some draw or a weaker pair and bet out when he saw my check.

I think I should have bet 1/2 the pot on the turn though but I really don't know what I would have done on the river. I wouldn't feel comfortable check-calling since this is the type of player who I think is throwing out a pretty big river bet and if I throw out a blocking bet and he calls with J-K/T I am going to be kicking myself for bleeding chips in such a fashion.

I should have bet 1/2 the pot on the turn and tried a 1/3rd the pot blocking bet on the river and fold to any raises. After that turn check though I think I need to fold.