PDA

View Full Version : +/- bubble%

JayKon
07-21-2005, 11:31 AM
What is your and your normal SnG buyin, SNG Tracker +/- Bubble % and ~games

Mine is $11, +5% & 137.

Sabrazack
07-21-2005, 11:37 AM
22, -4% and 700. -4% is due to me having been overly agressive over like 300 tours before i restrained myself abit.

HesseJam
07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I am playing the SnGs for a month now and always wondered what +/- bubble% means. Can anyone clue me in?

What's a good figure for that and why?

tigerite
07-21-2005, 11:42 AM
I already answered this...

Normally from 4-handed to ITM, being as there are 4 people left and 3 go on, you'd expect to be 75% ITM. For every % point you are over or below that, there is your +/-.

Mr_J
07-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Well, it means the % you get ITM when on the bubble. So if there are 4 of you left, you should have a 75% chance of getting ITM. A high figure here isn't necessarily good, and could mean that you're not being aggressive enough on the bubble.

playtitleist
07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Thus, the calculation is:

Firsts + Seconds + Thirds / Firsts + Seconds + Thirds + Fourths

You then measure against 75%. But you need a LARGE sample size, because of the multiple variables including bad beats, short stacks, large stacks, good luck, disconnects, etc.

schwza
07-21-2005, 11:53 AM
this seems like a pretty useless stat. the # of chips you have when you get to 4-handed is going to have a huge effect.

playtitleist
07-21-2005, 11:54 AM
at first glance, "A high number isn't necessarily good" sounds absurd. But, Mr_J is correct. If your percentage is only 50, but 90% of those are wins, you are better off than if your percentage is 80 with 90% of those being third.

Nicholasp27
07-21-2005, 12:01 PM
not useless, but not the whole puzzle either; just a piece

if u have a low +/-% but feel u are pretty aggressive in the bubble, then that may tell u to look and see if u are always getting to bubble shortstacked, in which case u may wanna work on getting more chips earlier

however, it could also be low because u are more aggressive going for first and if ur 1/2/3 ratio is 50/25/25, then u shouldn't worry as much about a low +/-

Moonsugar
07-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Just a piece of helpful advice: +/- bubble isnt the target you should be shooting for. $/hr brought to you by high ROI should be the goal. If we compare 2 players and 1 just tries to make the top 3 and one tries to maximize earnings then the 2nd player may have a lower +/- bubble % but since he will have more chips when he does make the bubble he will win more money.

I think NewtBuggs had a post that showed a really awesome finish distribution if you want to look for that.

HesseJam
07-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all the answers.

LARGE sample size means > 5000?

Hood
07-21-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thus, the calculation is:

Firsts + Seconds + Thirds / Firsts + Seconds + Thirds + Fourths

You then measure against 75%. But you need a LARGE sample size, because of the multiple variables including bad beats, short stacks, large stacks, good luck, disconnects, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's correct.

I copied the stat (and most of the others) directly from SNG spreadsheet. I can't really comment on it's usefulness.

JayKon
07-21-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a piece of helpful advice: +/- bubble isn't the target you should be shooting for.

[/ QUOTE ]
It isn't.

[ QUOTE ]
$/hr brought to you by high ROI should be the goal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, yea.

I was (and still am) trying to figure out how useful the stat is in relation to the other stats. Of course the ultimate goal is to make more money.

Also, the two most useful comments were bubble ITM% related to stack size and Bubble % related to finish position. Anyone with further thoughts?

I'm really hoping more people will provide their stat as there isn't enough feedback yet to even get a feel for its usefulness.