PDA

View Full Version : for tom haley (re: guns)

brad
02-25-2003, 11:01 PM
you realize new mexico passed a law which calls for total gun confiscation in event of 'emergency'.

what do u think of that?

andyfox
02-26-2003, 12:12 AM
I'm not Tom Haley, but From the Civil War to the present,
567,000 Americans have died in combat; since 1920, over 1 million American civilians have been killed by firearms.

What do u think of that?

brad
02-26-2003, 12:28 AM
im thinking how many of them were gang bangers, etc.

im thinking how many of that number were shot by police, etc.

how many were shot lawfully in the commission of a crime (by citizens).

i think we can both agree that without this type of breakdown such numbers are meaningless.

statistically though, automobiles are far and away more dangerous. oh, but they serve a useful purpose? what about self defense?

p.s. you may be right though nowadays with such a great portion of the population on prozac, etc. and with so many school kids on ritalin, etc., that the day may be coming when the (great) majority of the population is more or less insane and (being wards of the state) no longer entitled to self defense.

brad
02-26-2003, 12:31 AM
wait i got a better answer. heh.

america is just entering its fascist period. (patriot act, etc.)

but in europe, how many civilians were killed by military in 1900's? how many killed by private firearms?

ive personally already decided to Alexsandr Solzhenitsyn's advice when decide to come put me in a 'arbeit macht frei' camp. i figure if i just get one itll be worth it.

HDPM
02-26-2003, 12:43 AM
Half needed killing. The other half really needed a gun. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

andyfox
02-26-2003, 12:51 AM
I'm thinking that if a million people have died it should be of at least as much concern as the possibility that guns could be taken away from people in New Mexico in the case of "emergency."

andyfox
02-26-2003, 12:53 AM
You shoulda stuck with your first answer.
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

brad
02-26-2003, 12:55 AM
a million people have died in car accidents just in last 20 years. (ok maybe 30 years i dont know).

legal driving age still 16, right? (15 for permit i think too)

brad
02-26-2003, 12:56 AM
youre right i can be picked up on terrorist charges for that now. seriously i think.

andyfox
02-26-2003, 01:15 AM
16 here in California, although they have toughened up on the required training.

John Cole
02-26-2003, 10:02 AM
brad,

An emergency already exists. Too many people have guns. Start confiscating.

John

adios
02-26-2003, 10:04 AM
To be honest I'm not familiar with it brad. I'll research it though. The last law I remember was related to concealed weapons.

Ray Zee
02-26-2003, 11:22 AM
yes take away the guns from honest citizens. this way thay cannot contest any intrusions. and take away those to confinement that talk against the governments war plans as that is treason. and confine those that denounce the majority religon. oh by the way thats the country we are going to liberate.