PDA

View Full Version : 66-Set-Coordinated Flop-Action

orange
07-21-2005, 11:26 AM
.25/.50 NL 5 players home game. Game is really LAG, with some big stacks. Hero is playing cold carded for the last 4 hours, and is playing tighter than the rest.

Villan 1 is super loose, aggressive. Can lay down a hand to heavy action, or a respectable raise. He has ~$90ish, and covers me.

Villan 2 is solid, good player who can play well post-flop. I respect him, and I think he respects me as well. He has me covered, with about ~$86ish.

Hero has ~$65ish and has been playing tighter than the rest. Cold cards have forced me to stay out of the action (outside of the button /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Hero has 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button.
Villan 1 calls
Villan 2 calls
Hero calls
SB calls/BB checks

(~$2.50) Flop : 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks/BB checks
Villan 1 bets $3.
Villan 2 raises to $8 (raise 5).
Hero raises to $31 (raise 18).
SB/BB fold/Villan 1 folds
Villan 2 raises to $56 (raise 25).
Hero pushes the rest of his measly stack in, Villan 1 calls.

what do you think?

btetreau
07-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and am not sure what to say.... Have you seen villian2 have a big pair before? If he had AA, KK, QQ would he raise PF? Too bad that there was no raise PF, if there was your decision would be much easier.

At this point, you're only behind 88 and 57 and so are probably ahead, but even if you are given the props you give this guy for being a solid, good player he's probably either got you beat or he's drawing and it's somewhere around a coin-flip.

i think you've got to raise the flop when it comes to you as you did, and then after that you've got ~$34 left and since villian has to call a push from you at that point it'll cost you $34 to win a final pot of ~$135.... So yeah, I'd probably push too and hope for a 2h and Qd. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Godfather80
07-21-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.25/.50 NL 5 players home game. Game is really LAG, with some big stacks. Hero is playing cold carded for the last 4 hours, and is playing tighter than the rest.

Villan 1 is super loose, aggressive. Can lay down a hand to heavy action, or a respectable raise. He has ~$90ish, and covers me.

Villan 2 is solid, good player who can play well post-flop. I respect him, and I think he respects me as well. He has me covered, with about ~$86ish.

Hero has ~$65ish and has been playing tighter than the rest. Cold cards have forced me to stay out of the action (outside of the button /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Hero has 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button.
Villan 1 calls
Villan 2 calls
Hero calls
SB calls/BB checks

(~$2.50) Flop : 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks/BB checks
Villan 1 bets $3.
Villan 2 raises to $8 (raise 5).
Hero raises to $31 (raise 18).
SB/BB fold/Villan 1 folds
Villan 2 raises to $56 (raise 25).
Hero pushes the rest of his measly stack in, Villan 1 calls.

what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

You flopped a big hand in a loose-aggressive game and got your stack in. Good job. What do you expect people to say? If you got outflopped, so be it. If you end up out drawn, that's the way it goes. The way you played it was probably the only way to play it.

DyessMan89
07-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Ah. You played it fine.

orange
07-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Villan will either credit me for a strong holding- top 2 or a set. Nothing less IMO, which is why I leaned toward folding.

utmt40
07-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Played it fine IMO

kingofswing
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Villina would likely take this line with 44 or 88, which are equally likely, so that 50/50 you win, you lose. Then there's some definite edge if he has something else. Can you really put him of 75? I don't think so. Pot odds are good enough you have to call.

Godfather80
07-21-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villina would likely take this line with 44 or 88, which are equally likely, so that 50/50 you win, you lose. Then there's some definite edge if he has something else. Can you really put him of 75? I don't think so. Pot odds are good enough you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I've never seen anybody do this with top pair or an over pair or a flush draw.

Wacken
07-21-2005, 03:11 PM
looks good to me. Your first raise is good.
After that, you cannot back off anymore. If he has trips, as said it is 50/50, if he has the unlikely straight, you have enough outs for full house to go along in this pot. Not much else you could do. The size of your stack leads you to an all-in, if you had much more maybe you could have just called that last bet ?