PDA

View Full Version : AC Poker (B&M Tournament Question)

JoeU
02-25-2003, 08:51 PM
I will be in Atlantic City this Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday morning. Aside from the list in Card Player, I was wondering if there were any other weekly tournaments in town. I will be staying at the Taj and was hoping there may be a tourney or two there. Also, is there a more up-to-date list of limits and tourney than on the poker pages web site? Thanks for your help!

Joe

afish
02-26-2003, 12:18 AM
The Taj doesn't have tournaments. The Trop does. Check their web page (http://www.tropicana.net/poker/).

The Taj has 2-4, 3-6, 5-10, 10-20, 15-30, and 20-40 hold'em (I don't know if they have bigger games during the week in winter). I'm not a stud player, but I think the limits are 1-3, 1-5, 5-10, 10-20, 15-30, 20-40, 30-60 and up.

dy829
02-26-2003, 04:10 PM
I played in the Tropicana limit holdem tourney and wouldn't recommend it (however you may not have a choice depending on your travel situation). The number of starting chips (300 if I remember correctly) and the blind structure (starts at 15/25) makes for a potentially short tournament. Even if you make it to the final table it's still a short tourney and there's an emphasis on taking a gamble early on to build your chip stack. Also, when I went they had no info or handouts on the tournament structure (it's nice to be able to see a printout of the structure before you sit down and play to know what to expect). The Trop was also short of dealers when I played causing the tournament to start late and having floormen working as dealers. When in AC stick to the ring games at the Taj. The best tourneys out here are run by Foxwoods followed by Mohegan Sun. However, you'll have to go to CT for these.

JoeU
02-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I picked the right hotel to stay at for poker. As for the tourneys at Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods, I live in CT and play in them quite often. They are just as good as the tourneys in Vegas (at least the ones I played in out there). Thanks again for the info. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif