PDA

View Full Version : 4 handed, QQ

TheThinMan
07-21-2005, 04:32 AM
Home Tournament, 4 handed, 50-100 blinds. I have 8,400 and have SB barely covered. We are the largest stacks. Top 2 get paid.

SB is loose and has trouble letting go of a hand. Loves the min-raise. He knows I am a LAG, and I have raised the last couple of hands and taken it down.

Folded to me on the button and I raise to 400 with QQ, best hand I've seen all night. SB makes it 800. This is a medium pair or better, or something like AT or better, maybe KQ. Highly likely I have the best hand. BB folds.

What's my move?

I kind of jumped the gun and pushed all in. SB called quickly. At the time I din't want to make it 2.5-3k to go and have a tough decision with an Ace or King on the flop.

SB is the type to not let go of TT on an A 8 5 board, for example.

Thanks.

jeffraider
07-21-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Home Tournament, 4 handed, 50-100 blinds. I have 8,400 and have SB barely covered. We are the largest stacks. Top 2 get paid.

SB is loose and has trouble letting go of a hand. Loves the min-raise. He knows I am a LAG, and I have raised the last couple of hands and taken it down.

Folded to me on the button and I raise to 400 with QQ, best hand I've seen all night. SB makes it 800. This is a medium pair or better, or something like AT or better, maybe KQ. Highly likely I have the best hand. BB folds.

What's my move?

I kind of jumped the gun and pushed all in. SB called quickly. At the time I din't want to make it 2.5-3k to go and have a tough decision with an Ace or King on the flop.

SB is the type to not let go of TT on an A 8 5 board, for example.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds fine, really. You got all-in preflop with a ton of chips with QQ. Nice work!

TheThinMan
07-25-2005, 12:52 AM
Thanks for your post.

I was worried of losing villain with my overbet. He called with TT.

skierdude1000
07-25-2005, 01:08 AM
So we have 3 options here:

a) called and seen the flop to see if there are overcards

b) push allin preflop

c) raise to 3k

Against a loose calling station, I like to get my chips in with solid hands, so I'd say b is the best choice, followed by c, then a.