PDA

View Full Version : folding strategy

davet
07-21-2005, 03:14 AM
I have an odd question, but bear with me on this one.

I just sat at a table, and after two back to back hands, the person to my right asked me if I just won alot of money or something, because everytime I bet, "they" dropped out.

Well after scooping a few $2 pots (blinds - rake- tip???), I decided to try an angle. I picked up pocket eights and sure enough the flop showed QJ6 rainbow, I check bluffed, then semi- bluffed the turn.

I disarded my eights upward showing them off to the table, and especially the fish, who I already knew didn't like my check- raise.

This move managed to loosen up the pockets, I already had the dreamy situation of having two great producers at the table, but they were all playing like rocks.

Anyway, I sometimes like to show my cards after a succesfull take- down, this especially works if you show pocket rockets after winning with these bad boys two hands earlier.

I know that this is sort of angling, but as the old saying goes, a sucker and his money is easily parted,(and especially when he feels suckered.)

I also do this because I always get a comment like, "Oh, Jack, Ten, I'll have to remember that."

My question: What are you opinions of these moves, and if any of you use this manuver, what does it accomplish?

ps: I use sshe and my expectation is 2.5 bb/ hr with a measly 12 bb standard deviation!

blackize
07-21-2005, 03:18 AM
I love weak tighties. You just steal their money nonstop until they actually have a hand and then its an easy fold.