PDA

View Full Version : Andy Ward?

sdplayerb
02-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Just wondering..anybody know what has happened to Andy Ward?
He posted here a lot last year, and I thought he was one of the top 5 or even top 3 posters. Then he disappered.

SD

JustSomeJackass
02-25-2003, 10:26 PM
I have seen him in some PokerStars tourneys...but don't know why he hasn't been posting. Next time I catch him online I will ask. I have learned a great deal from him, as well as learning a lot from of the rest of you.

JSJ

redsimon
02-26-2003, 06:08 AM
Andy posts irregularly on the forums of www.thehendonmob.com (http://www.thehendonmob.com) and www.gutshot.co.uk (http://www.gutshot.co.uk) among others.

Andy Ward
02-26-2003, 03:16 PM
Hello,

First of all thank you for asking and for your kind words.

There are a lot of reasons why I dropped off this forum, it wasn't a conscious decision. I was spending too much time on various fora (especially at work :-)). 2+2 dropped off in part because I didn't like the new look, I'm not keen on moderated forums with sign-ons, and when it came to the point where I couldn't post without signing up I thought "I'll do that next week" and evidently never got around to it. When I'm not going to post on all forums, I tend to stick with those where I know people personally and can get a bit of banter going.

On further thought, another reason is that I don't play a lot of tournament Hold-em at the moment. Very little in fact. At the top end because I was independently working towards some of the same conclusions reached by Dalla and Sklansky recently regarding the profitability of these ; at the lower end because I find Stud tournaments both more profitable and enjoyable. I am playing more cash as well. I found the 2+2 forum was becoming increasingly full of posts about Internet tournaments as well, which may well be profitable but not all that interesting to analyze IMO, given how hard it is to put many opponents on a logical thought.

Having said all that it is a shame because I have learned a ton of stuff on here, especially from Greg, Earl and Big John a few years ago. Respect is due. Tell you what I'll do, I'm on a four day week now so every Friday I will try to have a browse and if anything catches my eye I will chip in. If anyone has any questions about the UK or European scene then I would recommend posting on www.thehendonmob.com (http://www.thehendonmob.com) where I, and many better players, will see them.

Finally thanks to Dom for bringing this thread to my attention.

Andy.

sdplayerb
02-26-2003, 05:01 PM
Andy,

Great to have you back, in whatever capacity.
And thanks to Dom as well.

I agree the registration was a pain and there was too much net poker talk at that time.
Of late there has been quite a bit more talk on bigger B&M tourneys. I think some of us that were newbies back then have learned a lot through the postings and have ventured out into the bigger tourneys.
So now there are more people that can analyze situations well (as much as they can be since tough to get a read from here).

So I think this will avail you of more interesting threads to post in.

I will check out hendonmob more. I did a little after redsimon's post (i like your site by the way). But i can't understand half the english slang in them. Although I find it quite humorous reading them in an english accent.

I'm also surprised you have stopped playing NL HE tourneys as it sounded like you were doing great.

SD

redsimon
02-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi,

Not *my* site, though i am a member (along with 200 or so mostly recreational players).

Being from the midlands of England I like to read the www.gutshot.co.uk (http://www.gutshot.co.uk) site in a London accent /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Thanks Dom for pointing Andy to this thread, something I forgot!

Good luck and see you at the tables. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

sdplayerb
02-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Sorry, i got you confused with another player who does have a web site.

redsimon
02-27-2003, 06:45 PM

happyjaypee
02-27-2003, 06:59 PM
That would be SimonDiamond.

sdplayerb
02-27-2003, 07:33 PM
yep..i wasn't going to say it, showing what an idiot i am..but you caught me.

Simon Diamond
02-27-2003, 07:45 PM
I think the real confusion here is that you are mistaking me as being a 'player'. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I spend more time on my website than I do at the poker tables!

Is there anything in particular you like about my site? I am currently snowed under with stuff to do, so any encouragement will only spur me on to get it done.

I have also checked out a couple of threads here, first time I have read this forum. Looks like very good stuff, I shall check it out more often.

Simon

sdplayerb
02-27-2003, 08:16 PM
I just liked the zeal you had for all the freerolls you were playing in and how excited you were with getting better at poker. I am relatively new at tourneys as well (less than 18 months), so i could relate well.

Sorry you missed the pokerpages round 3. I barely made it back in time. Was crazy since it was winner take all.
I took 9th or 10th. Got all in after the flop, AA vs JJ, low board, he hit runner-runner straight, or I would have been in 2nd..sucked.

I wish the US was less limit and more PL and NL like Europe.

Simon Diamond
02-27-2003, 08:48 PM
I have just made a mammoth length post (well for me anyway) on freerolls - I don't have the same zeal for them now, but as an ex-freeroll junkie I hope there is some useful advice!

Unlucky in the Poker Pages final - sounds like you played well to get that deep though. Well done for getting so far.

February's diary is going to be written some time - maybe I should start it now /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Might be finished by May then if I'm lucky!

Simon

redsimon
02-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey you're not the first guy to mix us up. The cashier at bigbetpoker.com sent me $5 *for promoting* their site. As I had never admitted to even playing there for fear of ridicule /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I had to ask them if they meant simondiamond. They admitted it and took the $5 back. Bad beat or what! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Simon Diamond
02-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Yes but there is one key difference... red plays like a rock and I play like a maniac /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Nice chap though, very honest!

Simon