PDA

View Full Version : Lee Watkinson???? Did an alien enter his body?

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Lee Watkinson i suspect is a very good tournament player as i see him at ons of final table in big events. But on those 2 back to back epidsodes against Eli and Doyle once headsup lost his mind and played like the biggest donkey of all time. And btw played pretty good if not very good beofre headsup in both apart from a few blunders here and there.

So what could be some reasons? I have 3 possible explanations.

1)He hasn't had much expereince playing headup and once headup he thought he had to play totally crazy and do things completely off the wall to succeed headsup. I think he was worried that he couldn't just play his regualr game and win. I don't mean his regular ring game. Of course you play more hands and stuff. But he went so far off the edge he fell. If you remember the 106 vs eli k6 flop k k little check check flop. lee bets turn eli raises LEE CALLS no pair no draw /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif????? I guess he planned on making aplay on river but then eli bets and he folds??????????

Reason 2) He was feeling the pressure and once it got headup it sank in i might win this thing and he couldn't handle it.

reason 3)aliens invaded his body!

Btw i know this is a repeat. What you guys think?

-Skeme-
07-21-2005, 02:46 AM
Post deleted by Dynasty

benneh
07-21-2005, 02:49 AM
watkinson doesnt know heads up play at all

SossMan
07-21-2005, 03:29 AM
heads up hands are difficult to analyze in a vacuum. more than any other form of poker, heads up needs context.

the T6 hand was very strange though. If he wanted to try the CTS play, he needed to be out of position. The button was a disadvantage since he should have known that E.E. was probably firing enough to PC him on the river.

Iron Tigran
07-21-2005, 04:01 AM
Doyle said Lee is a very good player, but not experienced in heads-up play. I take Doyle at his word on that.

Smoothcall
07-21-2005, 04:26 AM
There were just too many mistakes. Many huge ones in the 2 telecasts to say we know enough to know he messed up. And messed up bad!

Good point about having the button and won't even have the chance to make a play as eli will most likely take another shot at the turn(if he was bluffing that is) not allowing him to make his play. Only thing i think he was thinking is if eli made a smaller bet or checked because scared of his smoothcall of eli's raise that he would raise or bet to take the pot. But when eli came out BIG on the turn he changed his mind and said he must have the k.

SossMan
07-21-2005, 11:04 AM
yeah, hard to say without the exact stack sizes, but my feeling is that any reasonable bet was going to pc eli to an ace at least (especially if another big card came so that EE didn't have to worry about a weak kicker). when he fired 900k without hesitation, i think that he was convinced that he had the K since I think an ace would ch-call there most of the time.

capone0
07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Lee Watkinson played like crap that entire final table. He doesn't play post flop very well at ALL. Wow is it really hard to play flip the coin. That's all he did, either push all-in or call all-ins. Post flop I saw nothing different from him to any other amateur. He is no amateur but he didn't show that very well on the tourney I saw yesterday. Eli outplayed him countlessly. Lee might have played the short stack all-in if he enters the pot well, but that's really not that great poker.

otnemem
07-21-2005, 02:01 PM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4416/lee4bi.jpg

Apparently I was expecting something different from this thread.