PDA

View Full Version : If you like horror/Wes craven

nrinker
07-21-2005, 02:25 AM
Then watch Wes Craven's first film: "Last house on the Left". If you like horror/creepy movies at all then this is the ticket.

krazyace5
07-21-2005, 03:58 AM
Is this a remake?

sexdrugsmoney
07-21-2005, 04:13 AM
I wanted to see this movie for more than 10 years and have bought it twice so far.

Its a good movie, but its a shame that the censors hacked it and the version it currently exists in is not Craven and Cunningham's original vision.

I always for some reason compare this movie to I Spit on Your Grave and don't know why. (maybe the <font color="white">penis similiarites</font>) /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nrinker
07-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Im confused, the DVD that is available isnt the original version?

Oh and btw, im looking forward to getting the curb your enthusiasm box set via burning (your avatar).

sexdrugsmoney
07-22-2005, 01:48 AM
No, the DVD is the longest version left available today.

The original print much more gorier and had some more humiliation scenes but because of the censoring uproar, the longer print was lost. (I believe it may have been used as 'filler' in concrete for a freeway actually)

So The Last House on the Left today, is essentially 'what is left' of Craven and Cunningham's original version.

I don't think more than 10 minutes is missing, but still, censorship sucks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dominic
07-22-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a remake?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a remake of the Swedish film giant Ingemar Bergman's "The Virgin Spring."