PDA

View Full Version : Moving up from $11 STT to $22 or $33?

ebaudry
07-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Ok, so the $11 tables are too easy and the volatility is absurd.

I think I have the bankroll ($2000) to move up to either $22 or $33 at PartyPoker. If I don't have the bankroll, roughly how many buyins do i want to have at either level? I'm assuming /images/graemlins/smile.gif that I'll be around 40% ITM with an even distribution of 1/2/3 finishes.

What I have seen around the forum seems to imply that the skill level is pretty comparable at both. The only difference I can tell is that there seem to be fewer crazy first round canonball All-In moves at the $33 level.

So if I think I am a winning player (sample size way too small yet to say for sure), is there any reason for me not to go straight to $33?

pearljam
07-21-2005, 02:17 AM
work your way up without skipping any levels, every level you go up the competetion is harder no matter what anybody sais.

mike28
07-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Load up some 22s/33s and see how you like it

nate_king1
07-21-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
work your way up without skipping any levels, every level you go up the competetion is harder no matter what anybody sais.

[/ QUOTE ]..I was thinking...

Prove you can beat 22s then move up whatever you want. You probably want to have atleast 50 buyins and more like 100 if you are serious.

If your ROI is soild at the 11s then youll do fine at the 22s. Just get a lot of experience, because that will make you a better player.

Ixnert
07-21-2005, 09:45 AM
You have plenty of bankroll for either the 22s or the 33s, provided you are indeed a winning player. (If you're not, of course, no bankroll will be big enough.)

Move up one level at a time -- you'll know pretty quickly if you're comfortable enough at the 22s to consider moving up again. And if you skip a level and start with a big downswing (or worse, find that you're in over your head), you'll have gone through a much larger amount of your bankroll in the process.