PDA

View Full Version : multi monitor mouse/pointer solutions

mosta
07-21-2005, 12:58 AM
I'd been playing 6 tables on one monitor and just decided I want more room/tables. so I hvae two monitors now. it's a lot of area to cover with your pointer. any way to get around faster? googling various search terms I found several of what appear to be research papers that study things like a pointer system where you can click to switch from a position on one monitor to the same position on the other monitor. they need to write a phd thesis to know that this is faster and a good idea??! but so far I haven't found any software that implements such an idea.

anything out there??

TheTROLL
07-21-2005, 03:52 AM
Turn the mouse speed and acceleration right up and practice for a few hours. Full width of two-monitor desktop can be covered in about 3 inches of mouse movement on your desk.

KyleM
07-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Buy this mouse (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10121)

Basically, you can instantly change the cursor movement sensitivity (speed) on the fly just by clicking a button on this mouse, so you move across a large area very quickly and then change it back to normal speed instantly. And its the best mouse you can buy anyway, so it'll make your set up even more pimp /images/graemlins/cool.gif. (unless you have a chrome desk and/or need a wireless mouse lol)