PDA

View Full Version : One more from my virginal 30/60 session

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Canterbury 30/60 (8 handed)
EP fish limps, I raise in the CO with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB (same dude from my first post) calls, BB folds, fish calls.

Flop (3 players): 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, fish folds, I raise, SB 3-bets, I call.

Turn (HU): J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB bets, I call.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, I call.

rmarotti
07-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I have a real tough time putting SB on a hand that contains a 3 here unless it's 33. This is one of those hands where I get confused by the action and call down, but what do i know?

<-- See! I'm a fish.

worm33
07-21-2005, 12:49 AM
unless sb is excelent player with 22 or a3s your hand will almost always be good here what are you afraid of? raise the turn. Also, when you flop no pair no draw you dont have to raise to get a free card. A 332 rainbow board is a pretty bad board for a sb to bluff at. This is assuming the sb is a decent regular, i heard there were some loons playing today. villian if decent will almost always have 66-99 here.

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
unless sb is excelent player with 22 or a3s your hand will almost always be good here what are you afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing BK's $$$$. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If I pop the turn, is he callig down with 66-99? Can I safely fold to a 3-bet here? It think his name was Kwan.

worm33
07-21-2005, 12:54 AM
well quan is definitly the tightest player that plays the 30-60 game and i would be extremely surprised if he did not have 66 77 or aq

Clarkmeister
07-21-2005, 12:59 AM
I like it til the river, where you forgot to raise.

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I like raisng the river better than the turn. I'm still learning. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

worm33
07-21-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I like raisng the river better than the turn. I'm still learning. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitly raise the turn, otherwise its hard to raise the turn ever on a semi-bluff if players see u like to wait to raise on the river. I do like that play when it looks like u can get 3 bet semi-bluffed but not here. Quan has no chance of having a 2 or 3 in his hand, hes not 3 betting you on the turn because his range of hands is so easy to figure out. By the way on the previous hand if quan was the pre-flop 3 bettor in previous hand, doing ANYTHING but folding the flop is baaaaaaaaaaad

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitly raise the turn, otherwise its hard to raise the turn ever on a semi-bluff if players see u like to wait to raise on the river. I do like that play when it looks like u can get 3 bet semi-bluffed but not here. Quan has no chance of having a 2 or 3 in his hand, hes not 3 betting you on the turn because his range of hands is so easy to figure out. By the way on the previous hand if quan was the pre-flop 3 bettor in previous hand, doing ANYTHING but folding the flop is baaaaaaaaaaad

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I had no clue who he was at the time....and I play bad.

Clarkmeister
07-21-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I definitly raise the turn, otherwise its hard to raise the turn ever on a semi-bluff if players see u like to wait to raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some times when it's so much better to wait that metagame should take a back seat. This is such a time. Raise the turn when you have a big pair and the turn is a small blank and you know he can't easily fold a near-dead hand.

Entity
07-21-2005, 01:57 AM
I really don't like the flop raise, and I raise the river.

NLSoldier
07-21-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
unless sb is excelent player with 22 or a3s your hand will almost always be good here what are you afraid of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing BK's $$$$. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

If I pop the turn, is he callig down with 66-99? Can I safely fold to a 3-bet here? It think his name was Kwan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, it was BK that took half of you? How many corona's did he have in him?

I cant believe he took your action and didnt even give you the obvious reads on the players, such as pointing out that quan is uber tight.

DeeJ
07-21-2005, 05:17 AM
Whilst it's true that raising the turn would be my play, it also signals to any decent player that you hit your pair. So I'd mix it up, but since your pair is only Jacks, I don't think you should let villain hit his Q/K/A/draw for free here. Yes, if you hold a big pair you can raise on a blank turn much more confusingly. Here I wouldn't be holding back.

bicyclekick
07-21-2005, 06:10 AM
I gave him reads about an orbit into the game. I was in the middle of a couple pots (what's new) and couldn't get over there quick enough.

Bob, I'm starting to worry about you though...it seems like you're beginning to feel like you need to raise every flop no matter what 2 cards you have given that you raised pre-flop. Calling is often a very useful tool. Use it.

On a side note for all you nay sayers he won me 220 bucks. thx ><(((*> for the money.

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 08:31 AM
EP fish limps, I raise in the CO with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop (3 players): 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, I call.

SB bets, I call.

Villain shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG, but dealer pushes villain the pot. We got it sorted out eventually.

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I gave him reads about an orbit into the game. I was in the middle of a couple pots (what's new) and couldn't get over there quick enough.

Bob, I'm starting to worry about you though...it seems like you're beginning to feel like you need to raise every flop no matter what 2 cards you have given that you raised pre-flop. Calling is often a very useful tool. Use it.

On a side note for all you nay sayers he won me 220 bucks. thx ><(((*> for the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I calmed down a few orbits in, when I could identify that there were donks in the game other than me. And I did win 9 bets in that game, even with (a) playing like a jackass the first few orbits and (b) losing with AA to a set of 3's.

etizzle
07-21-2005, 10:25 AM
yes but waiting til the river loses a bet on many river cards. If another broadway drops he is surely check-calling.

I raise the turn here, just make sure to do this with AK a decent amount for a free showdown.

Clarkmeister
07-21-2005, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes but waiting til the river loses a bet on many river cards. If another broadway drops he is surely check-calling.

I raise the turn here, just make sure to do this with AK a decent amount for a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bet from a check call is one more bet than when they fold on the turn.

etizzle
07-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Unless we have a read that he is a nit I can't see him folding any pair on this board.

NLSoldier
07-21-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless we have a read that he is a nit I can't see him folding any pair on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a nit.

flawless_victory
11-23-2005, 11:31 PM
you absolutely must raise the river here.

RED_RAIN
11-23-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

SB bets, I call.

SB bets, I call.

Villain shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG, but dealer pushes villain the pot. We got it sorted out eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you got quam in SB (sp?) to start to play against you like this, I'd worry.

Your auto aggression on flop after PFR, thoughts of folding to being 3 bet on tun (if this is your thought, raise the river), are all starting to look not so hot.