PDA

View Full Version : Turned Nut Flush! River Paired Board!!! (PartyPoker $0.5/$1 6-max)

snappo
07-21-2005, 12:01 AM
No reads on this guy.

Stacks:
BB - $73.33
Hero (2 from Button) - $113.10

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG limps,<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>,Hero raises to $5,2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls

Pot: $20
Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Pot: $20
Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB bets $5, BB folds, SB folds, Hero raises to $15

Pot: $50
River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets $35, Hero ??? (SB has $18.33 left, Hero has him covered)

I know I should've raised more on the turn. Please try hard to ignore that. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mr. Curious
07-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Actually, you should have bet the flop with the nut flush draw as a semi bluff.

It seems like your opponent will only call a raise with a hand that beats you, provided that you think that he puts you on a high flush.

With the turn betting sequence as it is, I think he puts you on a big pocket pair and is value betting what he thinks is the best hand (K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) or is trying to push you off the hand.

I think I'd still just call.

snappo
07-21-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, you should have bet the flop with the nut flush draw as a semi bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seemed like a good time to check behind with the nut draw. 3 opponents. Interesting.

Anyone find a fold on the river?

Mr. Curious
07-21-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone find a fold on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands do you think opponent has?
What hands do you think opponent puts Hero on?

jhall23
07-21-2005, 11:24 AM
FWIW, I do not think this is one of the times that villian will only call a raise if you are beat. He only has 18 left and would make a crying call on the river with a lower flush.

This river seems very read dependent and I think it is push or fold.

Allinlife
07-21-2005, 11:28 AM
should be an easy call given the fact that your raise on turn could easily look like a bluff in response to villan's weak turn bet.

btetreau
07-21-2005, 11:47 AM
I know that you have no reads on the SB, but what would he call a 5xBB raise PF with? I can only imagine 33, 88, TT. Maybe 22 but I don't usually give credit for quads.... If he had 33 or TT, I would think he would bet something on the flop due to the flush-board so if you're beat I would think it's by 88.

However, you're getting 2.4:1 odds to call and will see Kd or Qd often enough I think to make it worth it. Here, if you know SB is a thinking player, it's an even easier call because he might put you on the flush and play the 2 as a scare card with a river bet....

Nuprin
07-21-2005, 11:57 AM
you comment that you should have bet more on the turn. Do you think a huge bet would make most lower limit players fold trips (if that is indeed what he has)? He might be thinking that you are betting a scare card too..

btetreau
07-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Good point, I think that's where it's helpful to know what type of player SB is.

The amount that OP raised was interesting, it would look to me like he was either playing the scare card as you indicate or valuebetting a made flush.... In either case, I think that at those limits the usual donk will call and a thinking player will fold the set.

Maybe a push on the turn? I've been using that of late to try to get the appearance of an overbetbluff.... And that would force someone with trips to make a bad call.

jhall23
07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The amount that OP raised was interesting, it would look to me like he was either playing the scare card as you indicate or valuebetting a made flush.... In either case, I think that at those limits the usual donk will call and a thinking player will fold the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that a thinking player will be folding a set to that weak raise. Your getting offered 4:1 to fill up here and your 3.6:1 to hit.

snappo
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you comment that you should have bet more on the turn. Do you think a huge bet would make most lower limit players fold trips (if that is indeed what he has)? He might be thinking that you are betting a scare card too..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right. I would want him to call a large turn raise with trips. That would be a mistake on his part that would make me money in the long run. He wouldn't have the odds. My small turn raise gives someone the odds to fill up with a set, especially if I have to call a river bet when he does fill up, giving him more implied odds:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that a thinking player will be folding a set to that weak raise. Your getting offered 4:1 to fill up here and your 3.6:1 to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

snappo
07-21-2005, 05:16 PM
I called, SB showed 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif

flopking
07-21-2005, 05:37 PM
i was gonna say, 88 makes perfect sense...