PDA

View Full Version : Early in STT, how do you play this top set?

A-Baum
07-20-2005, 11:32 PM
$11 UB STT. Early stages. No hand history so bear with me.
Big Bling is $30

Hero - $1300
Villain $1050
SB $1700

I'm on the button with red TT. It's folded to me and I make it $90 to go. SB calls, BB calls.

Flop is 3s7sTs. Great I flopped top set but with 3 spades on the board.

Checked to me, I bet $250 I believe. Roughly 3/4 pot.

SB folds, BB calls.

Flop comes a red 8. Pot has about $800 in it.

Checked to me.

What is your play from here on out?

mlagoo
07-20-2005, 11:34 PM
when a problem comes along

you have to PSUH IT

puush it good

ldavidjm
07-20-2005, 11:36 PM
POOOSH it all!

A-Baum
07-21-2005, 12:04 AM
I ended up betting the pot on the turn and got called. I thought he was on an Asx 4 to flush draw and wanted him to pay for it.

River was a blank and he had 300 chips and I had 600 so I push and he insta-calls and flips over A7s for the flopped flush.

tigerite
07-21-2005, 06:08 AM
I'd have a word with the dealer. Two 7 of spades is not good.

splashpot
07-21-2005, 07:30 AM
This is just another bad beat post. Of course there is no way to avoid going bust this hand. You really think anyone on this board is going to tell you that you should have folded top set when the 4 flush didn't hit? Post hands where you actually have to make a difficult decision.

A-Baum
07-21-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is just another bad beat post. Of course there is no way to avoid going bust this hand. You really think anyone on this board is going to tell you that you should have folded top set when the 4 flush didn't hit? Post hands where you actually have to make a difficult decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't think the flop coming all the same suit is cause for slowing down at all with top set? That was basically my question. Should you adjust your aggressiveness here at all? I think the problem is you get more aggressive because you want to make the villain pay for the draw, but if he has the draw you're basically bleeding yourself. Tough spot.

jwesty5
07-21-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem is you get more aggressive because you want to make the villain pay for the draw, but if he has the draw you're basically bleeding yourself. Tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being afraid of a flush with 3 flush cards on the board is playing scared poker. When the flop comes 3 flush its time to speed up not slow down. If you lose to a made flush its either time to go to bed or startup a new SNG.

mlagoo
07-21-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you don't think the flop coming all the same suit is cause for slowing down at all with top set?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is cause for speeding up with top set.