PDA

View Full Version : Raising PF with KK, $10+1

Jdogg
07-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Ok, lets say it is level 3 and I am BB 4 people limp in before me, and 8 people are left in the tourney including me. What should I do? I ussually raise to 150 but it seems people always call with A3o and beat me and I waste lots of my stack. Should I raise like that and just be careful, and fold to any sort of raise if an Ace falls?

Thanks

Justin

btw... love the forums just to lazy to post, but now that party is having problems I have some free time.

axeshigh
07-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Raise to 250, or push all-in if you are a small stack.

JayKon
07-20-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, lets say it is level 3 and I am BB 4 people limp in before me, and 8 people are left in the tourney including me. What should I do? I ussually raise to 150 but it seems people always call with A3o and beat me and I waste lots of my stack. Should I raise like that and just be careful, and fold to any sort of raise if an Ace falls?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 limpers, plus the blinds (I assume the SB limped) puts $200 in the pot at level 3 (25/50), raising to $150 is giving 3-1 to the first limper.

Yea, they're all gonna call in a $11. I want to limit the field and get the rag A's out. I think making it $300-$350 should narrow the field, and maybe give you one, or two callers.

It is very likely you'll get called by a smaller pair and will have to play the hand out of position. So, you want as much FE as you can get.

Besides, a $200 pot would be nice to take down at level 3.

mike28
07-20-2005, 11:11 PM
How deep is your stack?

With 6-800 I would just push. If you get a call, great. If not, you get the t200 in the pot, great. Raising to t150 is not very optimal, as it's allready been said they limpers are going to have good odds to call you, and you do not want to play this hand 3/4 handed.

Raising to 250-300 also seems incorrect, as you're not going to raise half your stack then fold to a scary flop.

Now say you've got t1500-2000. Then a raise to 300 might be in order. If the dreaded ace hits you can get away and still have a healthy stack to work with, if not, you've got a nice juicy t700 (at least) waiting in the middle for you to come get.

Jdogg
07-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Ok I raise 350, I still get idiot calls from a3o but I guess that just comes with the territory, so I should probably just be careful if a Ace falls on the flop?

Now lets say that the flop comes Js9c2c, with me having KsKh, and a medium stack of 1100. What do I do now with 2 people limping to me? What do I do with one raise (same sized stack), one fold?

Thanks!

Justin

Jdogg
07-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Makes sense, I get the idea, I think I still like to slow play even though I have gotten burned many times because of it.

Thanks!

Justin

mike28
07-20-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok I raise 350, I still get idiot calls from a3o but I guess that just comes with the territory, so I should probably just be careful if a Ace falls on the flop?

Now lets say that the flop comes Js9c2c, with me having KsKh, and a medium stack of 1100. What do I do now with 2 people limping to me? What do I do with one raise (same sized stack), one fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you have t1100, and raise to 350, with 2 callers.

On a that flop, you insta push. That's a scary enough board, and you've got t750 left in a pot of 900. This is easy.

With 2 limpers, and with t1100, I raise to 250 preflop. I'm probably pushing any pretty flop, and check/folding an ace flop. Getting away from the flop leaves you with 850.

In the 3rd scenario, how big is the raise? I'm probably pushing in the face of any real raise preflop.

edit: Yes people are idoits at the 11s and will call you and suck you out. It's poker. Always remember these types of mistakes are what make you bookoos in the long run.

JayKon
07-20-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How deep is your stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent question! The answer determines the play (raise vs. allin) pre flop.