PDA

View Full Version : AA missed value bet? Plan for river

KHALI
07-20-2005, 10:36 PM
2/4 table is passive and weak.

Hero is UTG with AA

UTG limps, Hero raises, UTG+2 calls(straightforward player), big blinds call. Four to flop.

Flop is Js Qs 4h

BB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, UTG+2 call,BB calls, UTG calls.

Is this a spot to wait until blank hits on turn and raise there to thin field?

Turn 7c
,BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, all call

River is 3s

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero?

Would you value bet here and call or fold to a riase depending on read of player? Or check? I think these situations are a leak in my game as I get too weak at the end in multi-way pots. How big a mistake is the flop raise?

chief444
07-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Sometimes bet/call sometimes bet/fold depending. Always bet though.

synbad13
07-20-2005, 11:58 PM
The flop bet is a must.
I think you can bet the river and unhappily call a c/r. I have definately checked these rivers before (probablly incorrectly at times), but it still looks like you have the best hand. Aggressive play sometimes gets you in situations where you get raised by a made hand.

soweak.
07-21-2005, 12:53 AM
flop raise isn't bad. Consider calling the BB bet and raising the turn if you have more players to act behind you. Also if you are good a raise on the turn extracts more bets with a turn raise.

Also makes the river decisions much easier.

The Nutz85
07-28-2005, 11:42 PM
I say someone might have hit a flush and you get a free showdown with plenty of money in the pot, the guy with top pair would have called but i bet one of them was on a flush draw looking to check raise. curious about final results?

Harv72b
07-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Bet the river, only fold if it ends up 2 bets back to you.

As for the flop, I like the immediate raise. If BB is betting a draw, then there's no guarantee that he bets the turn. If he's not betting a draw, then there are a lot of scare cards that can make him check the turn. Plus, the draws that you fear (4-flush, OESD) aren't going anywhere regardless of which street you raise; you might as well get in a raise when you know you can.

The "wait til the turn to protect your hand" gambit is only good when you can be reasonably certain that the flop bettor will lead again on the turn. Here, you can't.

The Nutz85
07-29-2005, 01:36 AM
oops i didnt see there were players behind you. maybe a crying check/call? im tight passive lol