PDA

View Full Version : Ugh....Another "What If My Crappy BB Hand Hits...Sorta" Posts

bluewilde
07-20-2005, 10:20 PM
With so many people in this pot I have to assume I'm beaten on this flop and I thought "whoo hoo" I fold with no second thoughts. But, everyone checks to this bettor who has shown down utter crap before (e.g. high card 6). So now I feel like I have a legimate reason to challenge his bet. I reraise about the pot to say "seriously, go away." Then UTG calls?! and the leader ditches out. Well this guy seems a little more rational, and I assume straight draw, AJ or KJ (I highly doubt set or overpair shenanigans, but he did check-call-a-decent-sized-bet), so when I pair my Q on the river (EDIT: turn), I think about his potential draws, decide MHIG and bet about the pot to show that all my chips are gonna go in if he calls. He pushes, I call.

Results aren't really important. I just feel like, either way it turned out, by not folding in the first place I'm courting disaster. So folding the flop is the best line?

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 5: irishaces08 ( $785 )
Seat 9: Bequia2 ( $1185 )
Seat 6: camoy ( $685 )
Seat 4: JMagic915 ( $665 )
Seat 10: AJ_Finch ( $535 )
Seat 1: troublextwo ( $690 )
Seat 7: SafeCrackr72 ( $845 )
Seat 8: lallison71 ( $1100 )
Seat 3: cdt0096 ( $830 )
Seat 2: dwatkins1064 ( $680 )
Trny:14112033 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to irishaces08 [ Qh Jc ]
SafeCrackr72 folds.
lallison71 calls [15].
Bequia2 calls [15].
AJ_Finch folds.
troublextwo calls [15].
dwatkins1064 calls [15].
cdt0096 calls [15].
JMagic915 folds.
irishaces08 calls [5].
camoy checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9d, Js, 2c ]
irishaces08 checks.
camoy checks.
lallison71 checks.
Bequia2 checks.
troublextwo bets [60].
dwatkins1064 folds.
cdt0096 folds.
irishaces08 raises [150].
camoy calls [150].
lallison71 folds.
Bequia2 folds.
troublextwo folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]
irishaces08 bets [400].
camoy is all-In [520]
irishaces08 calls [120].
** Dealing River ** [ Jd ]

DasLeben
07-20-2005, 10:31 PM
This is nothing more than a good beat post.

durron597
07-20-2005, 10:32 PM
I don't hate it. But I'm done with the hand if we don't improve (which we did).

morgan180
07-20-2005, 11:11 PM
so the leader limped in with KTo, made a weak bet at the pot b/c he thought he could take it down (b/c he's a donk), meanwhile the caller hit his set of twos and flat called your raise and then your bet on the turn was good enough to get all of your chips - plus he filled up to 2s full on the end for fun.

close?? or did he hit his trip jacks on the end and win with KJ?

any way - i don't think there is much different you can do here - i'm losing all my chips here if i'm behind b/c 2 pair on a non-scary board and short stacks at the 11s is going to be good enough here.

bluewilde
07-20-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
close?? or did he hit his trip jacks on the end and win with KJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

er...he had KJ for trip jacks, but I'm still on jacks full (sucked out like a biatch overplaying a weak hand multiway and becoming everything I've ever hated).

I agree on the turn my chips are guaranteed to evaporate, but is the flop line OK. Are BB hands generally good enough to raise, or bad enough that if you don't flop two pair or better you just don't get involved (any weaker hand the answer is clear for me, but QJ, KJ seem tempting, especially when the field shows weakness)

bigt439
07-20-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't like the raise because you have people behind you and your hand is fairly weak. I might be wrong on this, but I just call and see what develops on the turn. You are committing too much of your stack in my opinion by raising. Playing it as you did, I don't see why you don't go for the check raise / call on the turn. I imagine him betting almost any hand he could get to the turn with if you check it to him (including his draws, because well people suck at poker). Since you're committed to getting the money in, take a line that ensures that, it shouldn't be hard at all considering the scenario.

morgan180
07-20-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

er...he had KJ for trip jacks, but I'm still on jacks full

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry totally spaced on the HH.