PDA

View Full Version : which line is best for value?

gol4pro
07-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Pacific 5/10 6-handed. Very loose game, and average aggressiveness. I feel like I have a pretty good read on UTG+1. Pretty much everyone except him is a calling station.

Hero limps with A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG. Been plenty of raising preflop, so hero feels confident of a limp-raise.

UTG+1 raises, CO calls, button calls, SB folds, BB calls, hero 3-bets, all call

pot(19.75SB)
Flop A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
-- I love the flop, but I decide to play it very fast.
--Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, CO calls (2 bets), button folds, BB calls (2 bets), hero 3 bets, all call
-- Given UTG+1 raised me on the flop, even when I capped preflop, I'm 99% sure he has AK. Maybe a set of 5's, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY doubt anything except AK. CO is probably drawing to a flush.

Turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 16BB)
-- Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, CO calls, BB folds, hero 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls

River (pot 25BB) 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
-- Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO folds

Hero shows A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Anything I could have done differently for more value from him?

Entity
07-20-2005, 08:57 PM
IMHO, you played the hand perfectly. A river checkraise is only a possibility if UTG+1 is very aggressive and a terrible handreader.

Rob

Harv72b
07-20-2005, 09:52 PM
You described the game as "very loose...average aggressiveness". This type of table does not warrant limping aces preflop, hoping to re-raise. So I'd just go ahead and raise it up to start with; your play obviously worked well in this instance, but you got a little lucky to have it work out as well as it did (and a little unlucky that UTG+1 didn't cap it with AK & position).

Well played postflop. Thank you for not trying to get tricky, because I think you miss bets any other way you play it. UTG+1 has to be a seriously bad player to allow you to check/raise the river (and an even worse player to call it).

J. Sawyer
07-20-2005, 09:57 PM
no one said it yet so i might as well.. this COULD go in the HU&SH board.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif