PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Price is Right Game

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 08:49 PM
while watching old ladies not be able to spin the wheel all the way around, i was thinking "why the hell isn't plinko in every single episode"

plinko and the cliffhanger game are my favourites

stanky
07-20-2005, 08:52 PM
plinko...duh!

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-20-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie
07-20-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

adamstewart
07-20-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.... before I even opened this thread my response was going to be:

The correct answer is "Plinko."

Adam

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 09:01 PM
other than plinko?!??!!??!

Slow Play Ray
07-20-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kerssens
07-20-2005, 09:03 PM
The dice game...

well, not really, its Pliko.

Recliner
07-20-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

battschr
07-20-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

NutzyClutz
07-20-2005, 09:11 PM
My favorite game is Cliffhangers. The yodelling hiker walks over cliff to his death if contestant loses.

PS

Hole in One Video (www.tpir.tv (http://www.tpir.tv/priceless/13/putt.wmv))

Sykes
07-20-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kipin
07-20-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That video is awesome

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite game is Cliffhangers. The yodelling hiker walks over cliff to his death if contestant loses.

PS

[/ QUOTE ]

this video is pretty crazy

Dynasty
07-20-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That video is awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

How did that happen?

Hamish McBagpipe
07-20-2005, 09:26 PM
I think it is sad that they seemed to have taken away the great hole in one putting game. Bob used to be good at it, but as he got older his skill deteriorated until he could never get it in one shot so I think they just pulled the game.

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is sad that they seemed to have taken away the great hole in one putting game. Bob used to be good at it, but as he got older his skill deteriorated until he could never get it in one shot so I think they just pulled the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and replaced it with 17 games where you guess the price of the prize - that are all the same

jacki
07-20-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

adamstewart
07-20-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That video is awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

How did that happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell cuz the video's a little unclear.... did the ball have spin on it? so that it actually legitimately "Englished" its way into the hole?

Or has it just accidentally been revealed how Bob made all those putts over the years? (i.e. via a magnetized ball) After all, in the video Bob kept going on and on about how the ball had a hole it ....

Adam

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah, why the hell would a ball have a hole in it?

Bulldog
07-20-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cliffhanger

[/ QUOTE ]

Yodey-odey-odey-oh-deo-yodey-odey-yay

I like lucky seven and ten chances (should win both every time). Also golden road usually has some ridiculously priced prize at the end. And the game where you get to punch out the holes.

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 09:47 PM
the hole-punching-game is pretty sweet too

Hamish McBagpipe
07-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Hole punching game, hahaha, I like when some of them try to strategically cluster their punches in a corner.

ChoicestHops
07-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Im glad to see that OOTs agree that Plinko is the greatest Price is Right Game of all time.

Brain
07-20-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

NutzyClutz
07-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Punchboard game (http://www.tpir.tv/spotlight/brian/brian.htm)

Brian turns in his $5000, has 1 in 49 chances as follows

9 $50 prizes, 9 $100, 9 $250, 9 $500
1 $50 prizes, 1 $100, 1 $250, 1 $500 (all with punch again)

5 $1000, 2 $5000, and 2 $10,000

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Punchboard game (http://www.tpir.tv/spotlight/brian/brian.htm)

PS. There's a typo on page. 1 in 25 to get more, 24 in 25 to get less.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty [censored] sweet

sweet = retarded

offTopic
07-20-2005, 10:21 PM
The correct answer is obviously Plinko, but my fondest memory is of the Dollar Game...for those not familiar, you get $7 to start, and you have to guess the digits in the price of a car. For each number you are off, you have to give Bob a dollar back. If you have $1 (or more) left at the end, you get to "buy" the car for a dollar.

This woman was on several years ago, just nailing number after number, dead on. She gets to the last number, and has $6 left (you can see where this is going). She only has to guess "5" for auto-car, but instead guesses "2". The number is 8, and she loses.

adamstewart
07-20-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She only has to guess "5" for auto-car, but instead guesses "2". The number is 8, and she loses

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA HHA!

She doesn't deserve the car.

... this must be why they have stupid basic math skill testing questions for certain prizes.

Adam

Bulldog
07-20-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The correct answer is obviously Plinko, but my fondest memory is of the Dollar Game...for those not familiar, you get $7 to start, and you have to guess the digits in the price of a car. For each number you are off, you have to give Bob a dollar back. If you have $1 (or more) left at the end, you get to "buy" the car for a dollar.

This woman was on several years ago, just nailing number after number, dead on. She gets to the last number, and has $6 left (you can see where this is going). She only has to guess "5" for auto-car, but instead guesses "2". The number is 8, and she loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said this already. Lucky Seven

liquidboss
07-20-2005, 10:53 PM
This thread needs this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Price_is_Right_Pricing_Games) for reference.

ZeeJustin
07-20-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

moondogg
07-20-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread needs this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Price_is_Right_Pricing_Games) for reference.

[/ QUOTE ]

F'n wikipedia knows everything.

Anyhow, obviously the answer is plinko, and other answer should result in being shot for suspicion of communism.

Bulldog
07-20-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F'n wikipedia knows everything.

Anyhow, obviously the answer is plinko, and other answer should result in being shot for suspicion of communism.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the commies are the ones pushing plinko. Plinko = Pinko???

Really, Plinko sucks. It's just a luck game.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-20-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking "why the hell isn't plinko in every single episode"

plinko and the cliffhanger game are my favourites

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], I couldn't say it any better. Well, I would've spelled favorite right (and a couple other nit fixes).

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 11:26 PM
after reading over that list of games - 3 strikes was pretty sweet

so was superball

Russ McGinley
07-20-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. That is pretty goddamn retarded. I probably wouldn't come out for the wheel spin if I did that. She'd probably land on 95c and spin again.

I think it was a lot more fun watching idiots be idiots on this show. Like the one game where you get 3 prizes, like a coffee maker, a sofa, and a car, and they give you a bunch of numbers and you have to put them in order for the price. I love people who get to the car and just put out the dumbest guesses you could think of aside from putting the zero first.

dtbog
07-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Plinko and golf!

IndieMatty
07-20-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister
07-20-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
07-21-2005, 08:36 AM
I had no idea this forum was so full of old ladies.

WackityWhiz
07-21-2005, 09:25 AM
There's a game where there are 4 prizes and the player has 4 diff cards with different prices on them. The person has to match the correct price to the correct prize in 30 seconds. They have to run to the prizes and then run back and pull a lever and it tells how many they have right. Then they go back and redo their guesses. It's so funny because people get so flustered that they have no idea what is going on. I'm not sure if i've ever seen anybody win at that game.

The thing I always hated about the price is right is the showcase showdown. There is usually a 8-10k difference in pricing between the 2 showcases. One person gets a car and some other cool things, the other person usually gets like a trip, some carpet, and some denture supplies or something /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BeerMoney
07-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Wasn't it golden road that had the sweet prizes?

samjjones
07-21-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I seem to recall thinking that this was the one game that I would pray I didn't get if I was a contestant...

TheMainEvent
07-21-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Punchboard game

[/ QUOTE ]

A little tip for you all: The top prize is always in a corner.

chaas4747
07-21-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
plinko...duh!

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_Dozer
07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
I always liked the one where the contestant and Barker's Beauties always wound up naked in the back of the station wagon covered in baby oil. I always wanted to play that game. With Nikki Zierling.

Hey, how come people who guess $1 in the pricing game never bet a different amount? What's the harm in saying "$8?" If I ever was in that situation where the first three bidders way overbid, I would bid something crazy like $69, cause no way is anything that they're bidding on going to be less than $69. Plus I'd get to say "$69, Bob." That could make for a priceless TPIR moment.

Who's bankrolling my trip to Television City so I can say "$69, Bob"?

Here: http://www.80stvthemes.com/gameshows/tpir/

07-22-2005, 03:55 AM
I love Plinko because you can get paid big money easily playing that game. Its all in how the chip falls, really.