PDA

View Full Version : Cuz I haven't Posted a Hand in a While

toss
07-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Noble Poker 2/4 Full Table

Tables tight except for 2 donks. I've been stealing a lot.

UTG (Donk) limps, folded to the other Donk (Me) who calls with JTo on the Button. Blinds come too.

Flop is AJ9 with 2 diamonds. SB checks, BB bets (he'll do this with a lot of hands I beat), UTG calls, I raise, SB folds, they call.

Turn is 6 not a diamond. They check, I bet, BB calls.

River is the 2 of diamonds. BB checks, I bet?

QTip
07-20-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Noble Poker 2/4 Full Table

Tables tight except for 2 donks.

UTG (Donk) limps, folded to the other Donk (Me) who calls with JTo on the Button. Blinds come too.

Flop is AJ9 with 2 diamonds. SB checks, BB bets (he'll do this with a lot of hands I beat), UTG calls, I raise, SB folds, they call.

Turn is 6 not a diamond. They check, I bet, BB calls.

River is the 2 of diamonds. BB checks, I bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not raise PF?

Anyway, I'm quite certain I check behind here. I'm glad you're asking though because I'm often wondering if I'm weak in these situations. But, the majority of the time, when the donk finds a reason to call the flop raise and then the turn bet, and then an obvious draw comes on the river, I'm glad I checked behind.

I'm just going to throw some more of my thoughts out here to be flamed while I'm at it....

Does anyone ever check-behind here because you know how you should handle being check-raised (folding), but you don't want to fold, so you don't bet?

I do this sometimes, and I think it's probably bad thinking. However, I also remember something in SSHE that said, "if you don't know how to handle being raise, be less inclined to bet". My thinking is a bit of a twist off of that, but the idea is there. Sometimes I don't have the discipline to muck to the c/r.

Please flame if necessary.

Thanks.

toss
07-20-2005, 08:39 PM
I didn't know what to do PF. I wanted to see the flop, but I didn't know if I should raise. Probably I should I guess.

It wasn't the donk that called down though. I'm just wondering if I should bet against BB who is a semi-decent player. Also I should've mentioned I've been stealing a lot.

SmileyEH
07-20-2005, 08:39 PM
You got to raise this pf. On the river I don't think you'll fold an ace and I don't think you have much value. I'd check behind on the river.

-SmileyEH

chief444
07-20-2005, 08:45 PM
I think the river would be an easy fold to a check raise here. I don't really see much value in the bet to start with. The turn bet would be my last unimproved here.

I'm not sure about your question. I guess if you don't know how to handle a raise then it at least somewhat supports a check. With marginal hands though when you're not heads up it's a rarity to see a check/raise with worse hands.

I'd also prefer a preflop raise with tight blinds here.

QTip
07-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks homeless bum in Canada.

Check your email. Also, how many hands did you get in today?

chief444
07-20-2005, 08:55 PM
3350 today...about the same as yesterday. Ended up down about 30 BB which wasn't bad after the way today started.

8 tabling 8 hours/day just isn't that fun. But I've had worse jobs for sure.

QTip
07-20-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3350 today...about the same as yesterday. Ended up down about 30 BB which wasn't bad after the way today started.

8 tabling 8 hours/day just isn't that fun. But I've had worse jobs for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you play 8 right in a row? I think it's pretty fun. LOL!

Let me know if you want to start using the controller, that might be a nice change.

chief444
07-20-2005, 09:08 PM
I take a lunch break and get a quick workout in and a shower. I play from 7AM-11 and then from ~1-4:30 or so. I'll let you know on the controller. I make about 10 misclicks per day as is I think. I flopped trip J's on one table today and was involved in 5 other hands at the time and folded by mistake. That sucked. I should have just added a table at a time until I got used to it. As is I'm not even sure I'm a winning player. Going from 4 to 8 was kind of dumb. But it's getting easier and I think another day or two and it will be more routine.

You think this is fun? Seriously? I don't mind it but there's about 50 other things I can think of I'd rather do.

QTip
07-20-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I take a lunch break and get a quick workout in and a shower. I play from 7AM-11 and then from ~1-4:30 or so. I'll let you know on the controller. I make about 10 misclicks per day as is I think. I flopped trip J's on one table today and was involved in 5 other hands at the time and folded by mistake. That sucked. I should have just added a table at a time until I got used to it. As is I'm not even sure I'm a winning player. Going from 4 to 8 was kind of dumb. But it's getting easier and I think another day or two and it will be more routine.

You think this is fun? Seriously? I don't mind it but there's about 50 other things I can think of I'd rather do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really do think it's fun. But, I'm still learning a lot (yes, learning while 8-tabling), so maybe that's the difference.

You'll get used to it in no time Matt.

And no, you're probably not a winning player yet, but keep at it.

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Paxosmotic
07-20-2005, 09:12 PM
What controller is that?

chief444
07-20-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was really just joking...but thanks for the encouragement. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

QTip
07-20-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was really just joking...but thanks for the encouragement. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I was too. If I run 2.8, you run 3+...period.

PokerAmateur4
07-21-2005, 12:24 AM
If a dummy may speak for a moment...
Why raise PF? 10j I thought was mediocre in the scheme of things and a hand which you would like more people in for straights. How would you play it post flop if you raised pre?

TRWIII
07-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Alright I have what may be a silly question not related to the hand. Im moderatley successful 2 or 3 tabling (havent tried more since I play on a laptop and overlaps a bitch). If Im multitabling on a PT supported site I do much better since the stats help with the reads.

My question: while on Noble (no PT) and other similar sites, how in the blue hell do you get even remotely decent reads on anybody while 8-tabling? What could you look for that youd have time to take notes on?

Just curious,

TRWIII

TRWIII
07-21-2005, 12:48 AM
It would take a good read on my part to do it, but if the donk was routinely limping garbage and the blinds were tight, the raise is to isolate the donk with (hopefully) a better hand.

As for post flop, the way this hand developed, Id bet, bet, and check behind on the river just like the OP did. Note that checking behind on the river is likely more correct in this situation since youve shown more strength and you were still called down. If I whiffed on the flop, Id likely bet to try to pick up the pot, knowing that that bet was the last one I was going to put into the pot unimproved, unless I have a specific read that the donk calls losely on the flop and releases on the turn too much.

Hope that helps.

TRWIII

toss
07-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Cool, next time I'll raise it up. How far down would you go with raising? 9To, 98o? What about 87s? 55? Are there any hands you would want to just call with i this spot? Thanks the time guys.

QTip
07-21-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool, next time I'll raise it up. How far down would you go with raising? 9To, 98o? What about 87s? 55? Are there any hands you would want to just call with i this spot? Thanks the time guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

TJ is as low as I venture here. I'd be interested to know if Smiley, Chief or others would go any lower. But, for me, it's the bottom of the barrel with 1 donk limper and tighter blinds.

I hate calling in these spots. However, I have limped here sometimes with a weak suited ace or something like that if the blinds don't raise PF much. Not saying it's right, I just do it sometimes.

toss
07-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Hehe I can see Smiley, Chief, and Sthief coming in here and advocating a raise with 78o. I think the hands we've mentioned is a close decision between folding, calling, and raising. So it probably doesn't matter much.