PDA

View Full Version : Turn

Nietzsche
07-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Button is loose aggressive, BB is loose passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (21.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 25.20 BB

Anyone play this turn differently?

The river?

tolbiny
07-20-2005, 04:21 PM
looks like you are getting ~ 8-1 immediate odds on your 4 outer on the turn when it is two bets back to you. If these guys wouldn't go this nutz with said nutz (or at least a set) you should fold.

Nietzsche
07-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah, if I'm certain the odds are not good. But should I be certain here? I guess this is my question. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BB has me worried (but I'm thinking maybe QJ or KJ). Naturally I'm also worried about the button but I think there is some chance (maybe slight) he is pushing a draw even on the turn.

tolbiny
07-20-2005, 04:44 PM
The problem is that the BB is loose and passive - these types of players don't usually pump draws. The butotn being loose aggressive (i don't know how much so) could have a much wider range of hands - but most of them contain some of your outs.

Haupt_234
07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
The loose passive BB check-reraised on the flop and then lead out on the turn after you capped. It depends on how passive he really is, but most passive players will have you beat a great majority of the time here.

Turn: Given that you capped the flop and the BB still lead out, I would call the bet as well to try to get to a showdown. Unfortunately, the LAG button raised and the BB popped him back, so it's your chance to get out. I think call here was a big mistake.

Haupt_234

Nietzsche
07-20-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Given that you capped the flop and the BB still lead out, I would call the bet as well to try to get to a showdown. Unfortunately, the LAG button raised and the BB popped him back, so it's your chance to get out. I think call here was a big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very accurate analysis and I think you are right. As Tolbiny pointed out I probably do not have 4 outs so this call was not good.

I'm asking because I want to make sure I'm not being result oriented (both flopped a straight, Button had the higher straight).