PDA

View Full Version : Breach of conduct

David100
07-20-2005, 02:39 PM
$200+15 bubble

I am sure it has happened before, and normally i would not care, but i am in a big downsing at the moment and this really annoys me.

Anyhow, bubble hand I push. The big stack is thinking about it and says 'I have a pair of 3s'. The small stack who has already folded says 'easy call' 'call'. Well he thinks about it and does.

Just bad poker etiquette or illegal play?

David

mlagoo
07-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I think this is just bad etiquette. I mean, it definitely is bad etiquette... but I'm not sure it's cheating. Or at least, if it is cheating, it happens so frequently that nothing will be done about it.

That type of stuff annoys me as well though.

valenzuela
07-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I prefer the " getting bullied once again.." to get ppl to call. Anyway bad poker etiquete..now if the short stack was involved in any way with the big stack that would be cheating but Im sure that wasnt the case.

David100
07-20-2005, 02:46 PM
its just that in a B&M the big stack is not alowed to say what is hand is, and if he did no one could say 'call'.
You would be kicked out of the cardroom.

I guess this is why people like the no chat rule on stars when someone is all in.

bluewilde
07-20-2005, 02:48 PM
I assumed this went away at higher buy-ins, that sucks. Granted, the time I had Kings and two guys worked out that they had 8s and KQ but would both call and check it down was nice. I trippled up, and they somehow felt it was their right to be pissed off when I flipped over the winning hand. "NEITHER OF US HIT WTF?"

gildwulf
07-20-2005, 02:50 PM
If he wasn't doing this while he was in the hand it's not cheating. We do this all the time in our friendly home game (not as bad)...stuff like CMOOOON CALLLLL and egging people on, etc...very bad etiquette (unless you're a bunch of drunk college students) but not cheating.

schwza
07-20-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its just that in a B&M the big stack is not alowed to say what is hand is, and if he did no one could say 'call'.
You would be kicked out of the cardroom.

I guess this is why people like the no chat rule on stars when someone is all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't know that would against the rules. is the rule that you can only talk when you're in the hand?

Phill S
07-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I played a tourney on sunday and chat still worked when people were all in. Was a charity tourney so maybe thats why, but it struck me a bit when i first noticed.

Anyway, its not cheating, nothing will happen if you report it. Report it anyway.

The difference between it being 'ok' (and i use the term loosely) online and not in a B&M is the old 'one to a hand rule'. This of course isnt a rule online so 'advice' by the other guy at the table isnt against the Ts&Cs. Report both guys anyway and they may think twice next time if given a warning.

Phill

tech
07-20-2005, 03:04 PM
At Party, I don't know. At PokerStars, this is clearly forbidden according to their T&C.

David100
07-20-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he wasn't doing this while he was in the hand it's not cheating. We do this all the time in our friendly home game (not as bad)...stuff like CMOOOON CALLLLL and egging people on, etc...very bad etiquette (unless you're a bunch of drunk college students) but not cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

home games have there own rules.

In english All talking about the hand is illegal.

In america i believe you can talk with saying about what you have in your hand, but you certainly are not allowed to give advice. Do you see with 3 people left in the wsop people giving eachother advice? No, cause its against the rules.

David100
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Dear David,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do see that the conversation between these players was indeed inappropriate. Hence we have conducted a detailed investigation on both the accounts to check for any possible team play between them.

We have looked into all the necessary aspects of their history in our card room and we would like to share with you these important facts that helped us arrive at a conclusion:

1- Both these players are coming from DIFFERENT STATES in USA.

2- This is the ONLY TOURNAMENT where they have shared tables, in their entire association with this card room.

3- We have gone through all the game records of this tournament and confirm that there is no sign of collusion involved. Also note that we have focused not only on the hands in which the player has been involved, but also all the hands in which they have been together by themselves.

However, we do agree that the table conversation that transpired between these players is inappropriate to say the least. As a result of this report and consequent investigation, we have now

1) Flagged their accounts to periodically review the activities in these accounts.
2) Issued stern warnings to both the players, informing them about possible sterner actions in case such activities are repeated in their account.

David, we thank you for getting this to our notice, as this is in keeping with our priority of keeping up the integrity of this card room. It indeed is heartening to have players like you in this card room who care about the integrity of our games.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

hyde
07-20-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assumed this went away at higher buy-ins, that sucks. Granted, the time I had Kings and two guys worked out that they had 8s and KQ but would both call and check it down was nice. I trippled up, and they somehow felt it was their right to be pissed off when I flipped over the winning hand. "NEITHER OF US HIT WTF?"

[/ QUOTE ]

that karma crap works out nice sometimes.
I might have mentioned it to them. Unlikely they would have understood. But on their deathbed, when they recieve total enlightenment, they would remember you.

wulfheir
07-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for your message.

Our poker Department have confirmed that, despite the players involved behaved wrongly discussing the cards they pretended to have, this did not affect the course of the hand.

We assure that our Investigation Team will take action accordingly to garantee a fair play among the players in our tables.

Kind Regards,
Valentina
Eurobet Customer Services

11t
07-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Report them.