PDA

View Full Version : A 10/20 6max multiway hand. (Cross posted from HUSH)

Justin A
07-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I wanted to get some more input on this hand from you guys. Here's the other thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2916585&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

I'm much more interested in my decision on the turn when it's two more back to me.

BB is like 30/20, probably decent and the rest are loose and fairly passive donks.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (29 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 31 BB

hobbsmann
07-20-2005, 02:03 PM
do you have stats on SB? If he is a passive type I feel like the turned gutshot is a strong possiblity, but most normal players would 3-bet this preflop, especially 6 max. Is it possible he is overplaying QJ?

It looks as if BB most likely holdings are AA-88 and AK/AQ preflop and after the flop action AA-QQ, TT or AK/AQ. His turn cap seems to state that he can beat middle set, in which case a turn fold seems in order. That being said, I'm really tempted to make an overcall here on the river after calling two cold when it comes back to you on the turn, but I'm feeling pretty lost on this one as well....curious as to others opinions.

baronzeus
07-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I think you're good more than 1 in 31 here.

chief444
07-20-2005, 02:30 PM
I guess it's hard to argue against anyone saying to call just because the pot is freakin huge. But I'd be shocked if you didn't see a straight from SB and QQ from BB. I really doubt if BB caps the turn with TT since he's a decent player and check/raising the flop with AK doesn't make much sense either. So I can see you're thinking with the turn fold and actually I think a fold would be good there. As for the river...you're still very likely behind both SB and BB and you have button behind you who just cold-called twice on the turn and the flush card hit on the river so you're behind button at this point at least some percentage of the time. That being said though it's still a tough fold to make and you are getting 31:1. I'm not sure if you'll see two completely overplayed hands even that much but 3% is a small amount.

Justin A
07-20-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it's hard to argue against anyone saying to call just because the pot is freakin huge. But I'd be shocked if you didn't see a straight from SB and QQ from BB. I really doubt if BB caps the turn with TT since he's a decent player and check/raising the flop with AK doesn't make much sense either. So I can see you're thinking with the turn fold and actually I think a fold would be good there. As for the river...you're still very likely behind both SB and BB and you have button behind you who just cold-called twice on the turn and the flush card hit on the river so you're behind button at this point at least some percentage of the time. That being said though it's still a tough fold to make and you are getting 31:1. I'm not sure if you'll see two completely overplayed hands even that much but 3% is a small amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. This is exactly the thought process I had after the hand. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because nobody in HUSH agrees with me.

meep_42
07-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Hero is only getting 29:3 odds (at best) to call down the turn cap, though.

-d

baronzeus
07-20-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No where in here do I see why BB can't have TT.

Edit: He's 30/20, he can even have 66 or QTs or QJs.

Justin A
07-20-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No where in here do I see why BB can't have TT.

Edit: He's 30/20, he can even have 66 or QTs or QJs.

[/ QUOTE ]

20 PFR isn't ridiculously high, it's only a couple points higher than mine. Guys like this tend to be thinking players, in which case they're not capping the turn with a hand worse than QQ, especially after I raise the turn after capping preflop.