PDA

View Full Version : To value bet or not?

arod15
07-20-2005, 01:38 PM
5-10 Fixed Limit Full Ring (live)
Hero is in the BB with 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Action is as such
Player from MP Limped
CO limped
SB checked
Hero Raises
All call.
Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets 5$
Hero raises to $10
MP folds
CO cold calls $10$
SB calls $5
Pot (70$)
Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks
Hero bets 10$
CO calls 10$
SB calls 10$

River is q /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks
Hero??????
I thought about it and decieded to bet.
Your thoughts?
Results later

sy_or_bust
07-20-2005, 01:41 PM
This is very easy. Bet.

meep_42
07-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Bet and fold to a raise.

-d

DemonDeac
07-20-2005, 01:43 PM
i like it. looks like people are willing to call you down with the trip 8s and their ace kicker, or a lower PP.

AQ/KQ is more than likely raising preflop, so im really not worried about the Q. i think this is an easy value bet. you'll prolly at least get called in one spot by a lower PP.

i dont think someone has u beat here enough to make a bet here -EV.

im betting

Crveballin
07-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Unless your playing against week opponents that dont raise preflop you look good for the river bet. I could see someone in the SB playing Q10 or a soft CO limping with QJo. Any reads on your oppenents?

arod15
07-20-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and fold to a raise.

-d [/quote
I dont think you could fold to a raise here. No way...

arod15
07-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Nope not at all. I figured they at least had an A. Q10 possible, just your usual soft 5-10 opponents at Taj Mahal

ThisHo
07-20-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and fold to a raise.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having a hard time with this one. You don't think that Ax is going to raise here hoping to drive someone off when Q hits. Hero's been betting all the way representing a PP, you don't think that someone will occasionally (I guess the trick is figuring out what occasionally is) fire a bluff raise with an A-high (AJ/AT/A9/Axs)?

Hands that are likely to be played this way that beat us:
KQ (a little slow, but weak/tight players will limp it)
QJ
QT
Q9s (fairly loose depending on who might hold it).

If you're going to fold to a raise then check to induce the bluff and call to see the showdown. I don't think that you can fold for 1 more if you're closing the action. If you're not closing the action its questionable, if its 2 more back to you then folding seems right, but for 1 more I have a hard time laying this down.

ThisHo

Fat Nicky
07-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Bet. If raised, i'm more inclined to call down in an online game, will be more inclined to fold in a live game.