PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Line

Mackerel
07-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Only my 4th hand at the table, never seen villian before and no reads.

Paradise $50 10 handed (don't have hand history here, so from memory).

I'm in the cutoff with ~$49, villian is UTG+1 and has me covered, all other stacks not relevant post-flop, but are around $50.

SB posts $0.25, BB posts $0.50, UTG folds, villian raises to $1.50, 2 callers, I call in the CO with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, button calls, Blinds fold. 5-handed to the flop.

Flop (Pot ~$8): T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villian bets $5, 2 folds, I raise to $15, button folds, villian calls.

Turn (Pot ~$38 minus rake): J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villian checks, I check behind

River: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian checks, I push

Comments, criticisms on all streets welcome. Results later.

jkkkk
07-20-2005, 01:02 PM
I think hes only calling on the river with a hand that beats you, so pushing is probably bad. Should of bet the turn, he could of been drawing for a flush.

Mackerel
07-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I took a strange line in this hand, and I'm not really sure what I think about it. I don't even have a pot-sized bet left, so if I bet the turn it's going to be a push, and I wasn't sure a worse hand would call me there. For some reason, I was more worried that he was sandbagging a set, than the flush draw, hence the check. When he checked again on the river, I pretty much threw out the idea that he had me beat, and pushed to represent a busted flush draw. If that's what he had, he's not calling anything anyway.

The thing that bothers me the most about the turn check, is I'm not really sure what I was going to do if faced with a reasonably sized river bet on a blank river. I would've been inclined to call, but how quickly he bet out might've changed that (if he waits until the last possible second & then pushes, I probably fold). I don't really like any of my options on the turn a lot. Bottom 2-pair sux.

amoeba
07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
you should remove all thoughts of blank rivers as nothing really improves your hand if you are up against set on turn.