PDA

View Full Version : Mostly the River, but critique away

mmanne
07-20-2005, 12:19 PM
This is a 3/6 10 handed game at Hollywood Poker. It's been fairly passive PF, but basically the normal game at these stakes online.

UTG+1 calls, UTG+3 is posting and checks, I call in the CO with A9clubs, Button Raises, SB calls, BB folds, all others call

Flop = 10H, AH, 9D
Checked to UTG+3 who bets, I raise, button calls, SB calls $3 all-in, UTG+3 3 bets, all call.

<font color="green"> I thought about capping, but decided to see what the turn brought. I was hoping to put raiser on big A, maybe AJ, but he could be on set or pair + flush draw. Mistake #1? </font>

Turn = [10H, AH, 9D] 6S
UTG+3 bets, all call

<font color="green"> Again, I just had trouble figuring out what he could be on that I had beat, so I just called. Weak tight mistake #2? </font>

River: [10H, AH, 9D 6S] 9S
UTG+3 bets, I raise, Button folds, UTG+3 3-bets and I cap

<font color="green"> I feel like I threw that cap in there just because I'd improved. I'm still not sure I can find a hand that I beat, but players can do some odd things and I have a strong hand. Was the river cap a good move? </font>

Results to follow later

Thanks,
matt

pudley4
07-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Raise preflop.
Flop is good if you're planning on raising the turn.
Turn - oops
River cap is probably -EV (maybe -.2 or -.3 BB)

shark6
07-20-2005, 01:21 PM
PF: Raise based on pot equity and the chance to buy the button and get a free card if you need one on the flop or turn.

Flop: Cap it. You could be ahead, but mainly I want to know if he still leads the turn when you cap. If he leads again I’m thinking he probably hit a set and just call down.

Turn: Since you didn’t cap flop, I would raise here and see what happens. It looks like the others are on the flush draw.

River: Since you weren’t more aggressive earlier in the hand, this is a close decision on whether to cap. However, the way you played it, I would probably still cap. I don’t think you see AA/TT often enough not to cap.