PDA

View Full Version : Scotty's been beamed up

renodoc
07-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Last kid at age 80 (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=529&e=1&u=/ap/20050720/ap_en_tv/obit_doohan)

AngryCola
07-20-2005, 12:10 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have no idea what kind of person he really was, but he was easily my favorite character on that show and in the movies.

RacersEdge
07-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Wow, he was dissing on the Shat..

disjunction
07-20-2005, 12:16 PM
=(

So much stuff got built over the last 40 years, that wouldn't have been built had he not played Montgomery Scott on a TV show.

lucas9000
07-20-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At 19, James escaped the turmoil at home by joining the Canadian army, becoming a lieutenant in artillery. He was among the Canadian forces that landed on Juno Beach on D-Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i didn't know that. respect!

RacersEdge
07-20-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At 19, James escaped the turmoil at home by joining the Canadian army, becoming a lieutenant in artillery. He was among the Canadian forces that landed on Juno Beach on D-Day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, that Canada had an army?

jakethebake
07-20-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! He took on Nazis AND aliens!

Dynasty
07-20-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! He took on Nazis AND aliens!

[/ QUOTE ]

In one Star Trek episode, the crew took on Nazis that were aliens.

It's kind of amazing that Doohan is the first member of the cast to die. It's been 36 years since the show went off the air.

IronDragon1
07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's kind of amazing that Doohan is the first member of the cast to die. It's been 36 years since the show went off the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

No-that was Bones (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001420/)

offTopic
07-20-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In one Star Trek episode, the crew took on Nazis that were aliens.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's John Gill!

Luv2DriveTT
07-20-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada was as involved in WWII as the US... Americans tend to forget they were a critical part in winning the war.

PS: I'm not Canadian.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

TiltsMcFabulous
07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So ignorant.

~ Tilts

HopeydaFish
07-20-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada was as involved in WWII as the US... Americans tend to forget they were a critical part in winning the war.

PS: I'm not Canadian.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada declared war on Germany in 1939 when Great Britain and France declared war. Canadian troops had been fighting and dying for 2 years before the US entered the war in 1941. Canadian troops also participated fully in D-Day, being responsible for capturing Juno Beach.

Canada also sent thousands of troops to fight in Korea.

However, that was all 50 years ago. It's disgraceful what the Canadian government has allowed its military to become.

offTopic
07-20-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, that was all 50 years ago. It's disgraceful what the Canadian government has allowed its military to become.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.jim.aquino.com/images/south-park-war-web.jpg

Hamish McBagpipe
07-20-2005, 03:02 PM
"Ah cannae push her any faster, Jim, she's goin' tae blow!"

http://www.inkdrop.net/trek/guides2000-2002/apr02_original_04.jpg

ucfryan
07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
RIP /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

EliteNinja
07-20-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read up on your history, man. If it weren't for Canada, you'd be speaking German right now (unless you are German, of course).

*One for me. And one for my home-boy, James Doohan*
(He was born where I was born: Vancouver, BC)

jakethebake
07-20-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read up on your history, man. If it weren't for Canada, you'd be speaking German right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny in so many ways.

HopeydaFish
07-20-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.jim.aquino.com/images/south-park-war-web.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

miajag81
07-20-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read up on your history, man. If it weren't for Canada, you'd be speaking German right now (unless you are German, of course).

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be stretching it a bit but they definitely made a sizable contribution to the Allied effort.