PDA

View Full Version : Standard?

Two_Slick
07-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Villain (CO) here is a sharp player (TAG, possibly 2p2er).

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) $5/10converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, BB checks.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero Bets, BB folds, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero folds.

Final Pot: ~ 7BB

Bison please fix the hand converter to work with PP again

Two_Slick
07-20-2005, 12:30 PM
A yes or no will do (or a yes you idiot). Feedback please.

spydog
07-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I think the converter messed up the preflop action.

I'm not completing in the SB with A6 if there will be 4 to the flop. I need a stronger ace, like A6s or A9o.

Flop: ok.

Turn: bet is ok.

River: I would check-call and hope to collect from a busted draw. There are not enough worse hands that call here to make this a worthwhile value bet.

Two_Slick
07-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Thank you. Short-handed I often am lost for what hands to play out of the SB and on the Button (and I end up playing weak aces probably more than I should).

I agree with your river analysis.

StellarWind
07-20-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm not usually completing A6o to play 4-way with this blind structure.

Why did a strong player call the turn at 3-1 after letting the flop check through? Probably because he has a six or a diamond draw.

You should bet the river to collect from another six or a flush draw with a four. I'm guessing he actually had 75 for his raise.

Two_Slick
07-20-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not usually completing A6o to play 4-way with this blind structure.

Why did a strong player call the turn at 3-1 after letting the flop check through? Probably because he has a six or a diamond draw.

You should bet the river to collect from another six or a flush draw with a four. I'm guessing he actually had 75 for his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see the villain limping with a 75. The more I think about it, the more I think he was either slowplaying a set, or bluffing me out with a busted draw?

Anyone else care to comment?

luckyharr
07-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Does a sharp player, possible 2+2er, open limp any hands in the cutoff?

Two_Slick
07-20-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does a sharp player, possible 2+2er, open limp any hands in the cutoff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Hand Converter messed up the hand... UTG limped.

luckyharr
07-20-2005, 04:21 PM
I would have looked him up on this one. A sharp player would not slow play a set on that flop (two spades.) Also, I don't think he would just call on a turned set (plus he probably would not have overlimped preflop with 66.) The only thing that might make sense is a rivered set? More often, he's just reading you for a marginal hand and stealing the pot.

luckyharr
07-20-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have looked him up on this one. A sharp player would not slow play a set on that flop (two spades.) Also, I don't think he would just call on a turned set (plus he probably would not have overlimped preflop with 66.) The only thing that might make sense is a rivered set? More often, he's just reading you for a marginal hand and stealing the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if he would limp with 75s, that hand makes sense since he has a double gutter on the turn.