PDA

View Full Version : I like big pots and I cannot lie!! U other posters can't deny!!

BeerMoney
07-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Sung to the same beat as sir mix-a-lots classic..

The guy in seat 7 both sucks and blows.

How do you like my fifth street raise here?

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (5.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls___folds
Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___raises
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls___calls

5th Street - (6.00 BB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___raises
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls___calls

6th Street - (12.00 BB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

River - (15.00 BB)

Hero: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (17.00 BB)

jon_1van
07-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Other than the 5th street raise I like it

BeerMoney
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
How do you feel about pumping money into a pot when that move may be EV = O?

jon_1van
07-20-2005, 11:45 AM
In general I like it. But the problem with raising 5th is that if you lose a customer then the raise won't be EV neutral.

dandy_don
07-20-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like big pots and I cannot lie!! U other posters can't deny!!

Sung to the same beat as sir mix-a-lots classic..

#2918512 - 07/20/05 10:33 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

How early do you start dinking? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

frappeboy
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
If you were acting last I would have liked the raise, since you might get a free card on 6th... But here the guy betting is acting last so I would probably just call 5th.

arod15
07-20-2005, 03:34 PM
So your 6 high straigh held up? Nice runner runner BTW

jon_1van
07-20-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice runner runner BTW

[/ QUOTE ]

Outs are outs

BeerMoney
07-20-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice runner runner BTW

[/ QUOTE ]

u don't really consider that runner runner, do you?

vintage_sara
07-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I think it is fine. I like the way you played this hand. I wouldn't do it all the time but i would sometimes. The position layed out perfect.

vintage_sara
07-20-2005, 08:03 PM
frappe actually the position layed out perfect for the raise on 5th as the better in the hand made Beer last to act on 4th and 5th. It is 6th where it fell apart when seat 8 hit open aces. Then beer just called, allowing the original better to come in for a river card.

frappeboy
07-20-2005, 08:12 PM
You are right, I read the hand wrong... The raise on 5th is good then.

jon_1van
07-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Are you concerned that the bettor will 3-bet 5th, thus knocking out the original caller?

vintage_sara
07-20-2005, 08:57 PM
It's possible. But, when Beer raises on 4th and fifth if he only has one pair here, he really has to slow down. It is a judgement call. That's why I say I would do it sometimes.

The bottomline, Beer is going to call 6th anyway. The position lays out well that if all catch bricks on 6th (seat 8 doesn't catch open aces), Beer will likely get a free card and if he happens to hit his spade or his gut shot straight, it makes his hand a bit more deceptive and he is likely to get called on the river by two pair.

That's my assessment.

Andy B
07-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Well, it's better than that (44)Q hand anyway.

Seriously, I think you played this one about right. I think the raise on fifth is probably right around neutral EV. I like gambling, and this should create the illusion of action. And there's nothing quite like check-raising the same guy twice in a hand.

You get to shuffle your hole cards on Party, right? You might have some folks thinking you check-raised fourth street with a gut-shot.