PDA

View Full Version : Let it go or make a fight of it?

TJD
07-20-2005, 11:31 AM
New to 15/30 full.

No reads on these players at all. My first BB at the table.

At 5/10 and 10/20 short this bet by SB is often made without a pair in this situation. I considered that my decision was raise or fold (is that correct?)

I chose raise following my recent experience. Is this sensible in 15/30?

Very tempted to fold to the river bet; it smelled like a weak Ace. Would that have been +EV in the 15?

The game is much tighter prelop than the short games resulting in ASF being about the same. Post flop I am not yet sure. The aggression certainly seems to be up there with 10/20 (6 max) and since they can't ALL have hit, it seems likely that a fair degree of larceny exists.

Your views?

Thanks all.

trevor

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

07-20-2005, 12:16 PM
It seems to me that the flop raise was OK, but when you get called, he has you beat. There is pretty much nothing he could have that you have beat, except maybe a weaker jack. He probably has a weak ace or if he has a jack, he may have you outkicked.

Either way, the flop raise was OK but you might as well check behind on the turn. He wasn't betting a draw on the flop, because there were no draws (except for a gutshot broadway draw, I guess... that would be doubtful though). So he has at least a pair. The turn did give you a flush draw, you might as well check behind. If you do hit your flush, he may bluff into you on the river anyway and you can raise. Likewise if you hit a J or T (maybe not the jack, as he might have one). On the river he will almost certainly bet no matter what, so you could call if you think you had him on the flop... although you probably didn't.

After you did bet the turn and he called, you can almost guarantee he has you beat. And on the river, I would assume he made two pair, otherwise he would have just checked and called.

Did he have A5?

Mark

TJD
07-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Any other comments on this or is everyone in 100% agreement with the reply I already have, with nothing more to add? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks all

Trevor

helpmeout
07-20-2005, 11:17 PM
I prefer to call the flop that way it is up to him to bet the turn.

If he doesnt have an ace he will usually check the turn if not the river.

You could also semi bluff raise any spade getting most stronger jacks to fold and even a weak Ace if you are lucky.

illguitar
07-20-2005, 11:49 PM
My weird way of playing it would probably be to call his flop bet, then raise the turn or bet if checked. I bet the river unimproved (or improved of course, just for different reasons). I probably bet the river hoping he folds a weak ace or a better jack. This obviously isnt a value bet. I cant see him calling with a worse jack here.

Fillamoore
07-21-2005, 12:31 AM
No way in hell he makes it to the river to fold a weak ace. He'll definitely call you down if he has an ace. I really like the line of smooth calling the flop and raising the turn if a spade falls. That way, you can also see what the guy behind you is up to on the flop. Given the way the hand went down it really looks like A5 like the other responder said. The line i take however most of the time in this spot is raise the flop. On the turn, if a spade falls i bet and check behind on river if unimproved. If turn blanks, i check behind and call a bet on the river.
Good luck