PDA

View Full Version : Easy laydown here?

TheSalche
07-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Hey I'm pretty new to PL Omaha, and I'm still trying to figure out what spots to fold at. Heres a history from $25 PL table at party ... do you guys make the same play here? Is my starting hand good enough considering the level of play at these tables?

Dealt to Hero: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls, UTG+1 min raises, folds, MP calls, Hero calls, folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG checks, UTG+1 bets 0.50, two folds, Hero raises to 3, button bets pot (12.45), UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds

I assumed he had a set, but possibly he had the nut flush draw + two pair or overpair? Hows my play look?

Tilt
07-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Your starting hand is very good. I'd be playing it against a single raise in most games and I would be open-raising it in LP if it were dealt to me. If you are new though you should just limp all the time until you get the feel of the game.

I think your flop play is fine. Even if you are ahead, you are not ahead by much, so mucking is ok. Most likey you are up against a set or an oesfd. I think the raise is appropriate as well.