PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my girlfriend to stop asking about results?

betgo
07-20-2005, 10:49 AM
How do I get my girlfriend to stop asking how much I am up or down for the day? She will ask me how I am doing and I will say OK. She will say that means I lost and will ask how much. Then she will start naming figures and asking which is right. I get really mad. She then says I get cranky when I lose. I keep telling her that I really don't want to discuss how much I am up or down for the day. It is not good for my game to focus on that or have to report it to someone. She says that poker is all I focus on all day and she wants to be a part of it. She says she wants to be excited when I have a good result. I do tell her when I have a final table in a tournament or something. However, I don't want to discuss how I am doing on the day. My strength is playing MTTs and I usually am going to be down on the day, because of their speculative nature. This is a type of work where there are ups and downs, It is not something you want to focus on or let it effect your play.

sfer
07-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I told my girlfriend to ask how I'm playing, not if I'm winning.

evilganz
07-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Either

1) Explain the concept of expectancy to her--that you're worth $x per hour in the game, but your results on any given day could be anything

or

2) Tell her. If you're really a winning player, you should be able to treat your losing days the same as winning ones, just as hours in the office. Who cares what your results are on any given day?

And, btw, it does sound like you get cranky when you lose--that just can't be good for your long-term poker health.

Jingleheimer
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry you lost today.

MaxPower
07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you tell her when you donk it up?

sfer
07-20-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you tell her when you donk it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's heard me say, "Wow, I play bad," a lot.

Warren Whitmore
07-20-2005, 12:24 PM
If your win rate is $20 per hour and you play 5 hours. Tell her you won $100.

Bluffoon
07-20-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do I get my girlfriend to stop asking how much I am up or down for the day? She will ask me how I am doing and I will say OK. She will say that means I lost and will ask how much. Then she will start naming figures and asking which is right. I get really mad. She then says I get cranky when I lose. I keep telling her that I really don't want to discuss how much I am up or down for the day. It is not good for my game to focus on that or have to report it to someone. She says that poker is all I focus on all day and she wants to be a part of it. She says she wants to be excited when I have a good result. I do tell her when I have a final table in a tournament or something. However, I don't want to discuss how I am doing on the day. My strength is playing MTTs and I usually am going to be down on the day, because of their speculative nature. This is a type of work where there are ups and downs, It is not something you want to focus on or let it effect your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dump her and get a girlfriend who is not a nag.

sekrah
07-20-2005, 12:42 PM
I have the same problems at home.. It's killed my game..

It's one of the reasons why I don't play ring games online anymore.

She's even killing my MTT play lately.. She needs choked.

chesspain
07-20-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do I get my girlfriend to stop asking how much I am up or down for the day? She will ask me how I am doing and I will say OK. She will say that means I lost and will ask how much. Then she will start naming figures and asking which is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

The next time she refuses to cease questioning you about how much you won or lost this session, just ask her how much she weighs today.

Dynasty
07-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Just tell her and stop trying to be evasive.

evans075
07-20-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do I get my girlfriend to stop asking how much I am up or down for the day? She will ask me how I am doing and I will say OK. She will say that means I lost and will ask how much. Then she will start naming figures and asking which is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

The next time she refuses to cease questioning you about how much you won or lost this session, just ask her how much she weighs today.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, I'll have to use this.

Bluffoon
07-20-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember this person will be holding your privates at some point in the near future.

chaas4747
07-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Does she want to know because you split financial responsibilities? If so, then I think the question is justified. Just tell her the truth. Explain how fluctuation is something that will occur in Poker (especially MTTs) and how you calculate if you are a winning player or not. She sounds like she is interested in you life, you should enjoy this and not let it annoy you.
If poker puts you in a bad mood, then maybe you need to relax about it a little. Anything that can change you mood for the worst is not really all that healthy.

drewjustdrew
07-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Figure out your win rate on a $/tournament basis. Whenever she asks just tell her you won that amount, or that amount times the number of tournaments you entered.

fluff
07-20-2005, 02:14 PM
SII....aww...wrong forum.

bernie
07-20-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT'S a good one. hahahaha.

Oh man. I'd love to be there for that one.

heh heh heh...

b

KaneKungFu123
07-20-2005, 03:05 PM
you probally dont mind her asking when you are winning.

when you are losing, you dont want to be reminded of it.

this is a flaw in your poker pysche.

if anyone asks me, ill give them the true result, and my emotions will not change at all.

J_V
07-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Bingo. Not telling her is stupid. She may think you are hiding something (who wouldn't). Are you not mentally tough enough to report the results to your girlfriend and then tell yourself that short term results don't matter?

TheIrishThug
07-20-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the first thing that came to my mind

J.A.Sucker
07-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Duct tape.

dogmeat
07-20-2005, 05:11 PM
People are going to ask you about your results throughout your playing career. Players that have a long track record of winning usually don't have this problem. If you are not playing for a living, expect the questions to continue from your girlfriend. If you are playing for a living, she should see that you get x-amount per hour and are paying your monthly expenses. If she can't get the idea that you work a job for x-amount per hour, she can't be helped.

My wife still asks "How's poker today?" After three years of seeing the bills get paid she doesn't worry about my actual results. You get that respect when you have the track record to prove your income, not before.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

GuyOnTilt
07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
I've asked my friends to stop asking me how I'm doing during a session too. It makes me feel, especially during live sessions for some reasons. Maybe because online I often have no clue how I'm doing, but live I usually do. Anyway, for the past month or so I've started answering any similar questions with "I'm about even" without putting any thought into it, which has helped I think. I'd still rather people just not ask at all though. When friends are playing, I always ask "How're you playing?"

GoT

wacki
07-20-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst advice ever. This adds tension to the relationship, and makes her fear the worst. It will also force any woman with a backbone to ask a million more questions and drive you up the wall.

This only works with women that either lay down like a submissive dog when you verbally or physically abuse them.

megantw
07-20-2005, 05:38 PM
No, you told me to ask if you were playing well because I kept asking if you were still getting pwned.

...this was after you lost ten dimes in three days.

dibbs
07-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Come up with a speech that's easy to understand explaining that as long as you are playing correctly, you are winning in the long run, results don't matter.

I also like another posters idea about changing the question to "how are you playing?"

Jeffage
07-20-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...this was after you lost ten dimes in three days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds very familiar to me lately. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dynasty
07-20-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst advice ever. This adds tension to the relationship, and makes her fear the worst. It will also force any woman with a backbone to ask a million more questions and drive you up the wall.

This only works with women that either lay down like a submissive dog when you verbally or physically abuse them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being honest adds tension to a relationship?

Are you having reading comprehension problems, wacki?

4thstreetpete
07-20-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I would actually love to be in your shoes. This sounds like another man's idea of heaven, seriously. I for the life of me can't get my girlfriend to ever be interested in poker. For some people it's not in their blood and they have no interest in it. It looks like your girl is interested in what you are doing and want to be more involved. You shouldn't let that annoy you as much.
The grass is always greener on the other side. Your next girl might not give a [censored] about poker and you'd be longing for the days that you can talk to your girl about certain hands etc...

MicroBob
07-20-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She says that poker is all I focus on all day

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet she's right.

wacki
07-20-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you having reading comprehension problems, wacki?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparantly I am. The only reason I am able to post so much is because I multitask like I'm on speed. I thought you said "Just tell her to stop being so invasive".

My bad...

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

nate_king1
07-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Tell her to make pancakes in the morning, their tasty and deleilous all year round!

Equal
07-20-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH sir. And I never respond to posts with a "NH sir."

Grisgra
07-20-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When friends are playing, I always ask "How're you playing?"

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

That was going to be my suggestion.

Though just telling her shouldn't be a big deal if you don't make a big deal out of it. She'll eventually get used to the goofy swings just like you have. Or even better, she'll help you get used to them -- I've bitched to my gf after having a down session and she'll tell me to stop bitching, it's just a bad day, I'll be winning again soon enough.

tylerdurden
07-21-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember this person will be holding your privates at some point in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you ask her about her weight every day.

Dan Mezick
07-21-2005, 01:13 AM
Ok here is how you get your girlfriend to stop asking you about results. The beauty of this technique is, you hold her accountable for her “interest in poker”.

What you do is, you discuss hands with her, like, all the time. Especially when she starts in with the daily results questions.

Sample: “….so from a middle seat I decide to slow-play pocket K’s because the guy in the Cutoff is such a fish he will raise almost every time everyone limps to him. So anyway the Cutoff raises and everyone folds except the big-blind, who calls the raise, just ahead of me. I decide to just smooth-call and continue my little trap. Do you think that was right? The flop comes 8-8-K. I’ve flopped the 2nd nuts. I have the deck crippled. The only hand that can beat me is pocket 8’s. The only turn & river that can beat me is runner-runner aces. And so I’m thinking…….”

You get the idea.

If she gives you bad facials, or says she doesn’t want to talk about poker anymore, you are all set. Every time she asks about the short-term results, start right in with a discussion about hands. Bad beats, the whole she-bang. When she asks you to stop, say “Sheesh. I thought you were interested in poker.”

If she does NOT ask you to stop, you win big. You can ultimately discuss why focusing on short-term results is not productive.

And she’ll be listening.

Cosimo
07-21-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What you do is, you discuss hands with her, like, all the time. Especially when she starts in with the daily results questions. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the general approach here.

One gf thought (still thinks actually) that poker is just like playing slots. I tried explaining the game to her, but she was never interested in understanding it. I don't really miss her because I found it arrogant for her to conclude that it was "just like" all the other games in vegas without knowing much about the games, expert play, or statistics.

One gf I sat down with a couple dice, saying "7 or higher means a winning session, 6 or lower is a losing session" and must have rolled the dice like a hundred times, writing them all down -- this was an exercise to explain variance. Most people (male or female) don't really believe that five low rolls will happen in a row (hence the popularity of Martingale). Show it to them, and if they have an open mind, they'll see it.

The easy ones come into the relationship with a belief that it is possible to be a pro poker player. The hard cases have uncles that went bankrupt betting on horses or some crap AND don't want to understand. Like I said before, if they're not open to discussion and understanding, they're not the type of girl I want to continue to see. There's a ton of cute girls out there, you don't need to settle for the first one that sleeps with you.

Most of the rest just think I'm a god for multi-tabling. Heck, that's half my friends and family.

pryor15
07-21-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sample: “….so from a middle seat I decide to slow-play pocket K’s because the guy in the Cutoff is such a fish he will raise almost every time everyone limps to him. So anyway the Cutoff raises and everyone folds except the big-blind, who calls the raise, just ahead of me. I decide to just smooth-call and continue my little trap. Do you think that was right? The flop comes 8-8-K. I’ve flopped the 2nd nuts. I have the deck crippled. The only hand that can beat me is pocket 8’s. The only turn & river that can beat me is runner-runner aces. And so I’m thinking…….”

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice, but instead of calling the guy a fish, rattle off his PT stats to her. hell, rattle off all the stats you can think of and make some up if you have to.

Peter666
07-21-2005, 04:52 AM
Tell her "Cook me a pie byotch" while slapping her in the face.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Talk to her about it and be happy. Share it and maybe she can help you like other posters have said. Or just say you guys should discuss these things at the end of every week.

My GF refuses to hear anything about the my results of playing poker. It would be nice to share the nice upswings and painful downswings with.

KaneKungFu123
07-21-2005, 07:31 AM
I also get the feeling that she might not be sexually satisfied in this relationship.

TStoneMBD
07-21-2005, 10:52 AM
havent read the whole thread but here is my opinion:

tell her pretty much what you told us but in a language easier for her to understand.

tell her that you play in these tournaments, where you lose many in a row until you win 1, and that 1 win makes up for all the losses. tell her that because you lose more often than you win, if you always told her you lost you would start to feel pessimistic and you also dont want her to think that you are a loser. explain to her that youre going to lose alot, but when you do make a big score show your enthusiasm and let her know about it.

jakethebake
07-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Go down to your local 7-11. Buy a Soldier of Fortune Magazine. In the back there are ads for people that will take care of problems like annoying girlfriends reasonably inexpensively.

BarronVangorToth
07-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Some people will never get over this. I try to talk to my mother every day, and invariably she'll ask how I did the night before at Foxwoods if I went or on Party Poker. Thankfully, most of the time I post a profit, and she is happy to hear that. When I don't, she says I shouldn't've played that night.

Thanks, mom, I should realize in advance those nights I'll post losing sessions and not play.

Just face it: some people will never "get it."

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Boltsfan1992
07-21-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife asks me all the time. I tell her both good and bad. When I find myself talking about results, when they are negative, she asks, "Did you play your best? OR Did you take a break when you made obvious mistakes?"

She helps me focus on the task at hand and she knew what questions to ask because when I first started playing and I was focused on results, she somehow knew that with gambling there will be ups and downs. Plus, because she knows me so well, she figured that if she got me to think of how I'm playing instead of the end result, then I'll stop thinking about them. I love it when I make a final table or do well in a particular day, and I talk about it incessantly, she will say something like, "Think pretty highly of yourself do you?" /images/graemlins/smile.gif She's initially happy when it happens, but when the ego kicks in and I start deluding myself, it grounds me. I'm pretty lucky.

Call me superstitious, but what I am having difficulty with is having my wife talk to others about how well I'm doing. That insures a loss the next time I play. Really, it does...no joke, for real, no lie. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PB

Felix_Nietsche
07-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Give her some rules. Such as:
1. You may never ask me how much...NEVER. Because it f*** with poker mental process. Explain to her a person can play like **** and still make tons of money. Playing well is all that matters.
2. You may me questions such as:
Did you play well today?
Did you make some great laydowns?
and I'm sure you can think of some others that will allow her feel included and feel excited.

As with any rules there must be consequences. If she breaks rule explain the rules again. If she breaks it again then tell her she is 'cut off' from poker info for a week and follow thru with your threat.

chaas4747
07-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Guys

Women > Poker.

I get the feeling a lot of people in this thread don't get laid a ton.

slickpoppa
07-21-2005, 04:57 PM
hit her

Equal
07-21-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guys

Women > Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think women > poker, then it's probably you that doesn't get laid my friend. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It takes a hell of a woman to be better than none at all.

Peter666
07-21-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm afraid you have not figured out the correct formula yet. It is:

Sex > ( Money x n = Women)

Wherein n = Poker

Your Mom
07-21-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people will never get over this. I try to talk to my mother every day, and invariably she'll ask how I did the night before at Foxwoods if I went or on Party Poker. Thankfully, most of the time I post a profit, and she is happy to hear that. When I don't, she says I shouldn't've played that night.

Thanks, mom, I should realize in advance those nights I'll post losing sessions and not play.

Just face it: some people will never "get it."

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if I tell my mom I was up 600 but finished up 250, she'll say I should have left sooner. Good times.

Felix_Nietsche
07-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Guys
Women > Poker.
Women like men who are NOT afraid to stand up to them. NO WOMEN respects a man who is a wimp. I've found the better looking a woman is, the more you have to establish your alpha-maleness in a relationship or they will walk all over you. His women is ticking him off and he needs to address the siuation.

Based on your response, I doubt you are much of an authority on getting laid.

obi---one
07-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Just tell her, unless you are a fragile pus who cant take it when you lose.

JayLear
07-22-2005, 01:22 AM
I can't believe I haven't heard this advice yet, but have you considered simply winning more often?

tonypaladino
07-22-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

07-22-2005, 03:17 AM
Then you should explain your strategy to her and let her know that you don't want to be disturbed by her questions. If she doesn't get that then you play poker when she's not around or you lock the door.

stigmata
07-22-2005, 06:16 AM
It's a lack of understanding on her part, and you need to explain variance, win rate, all this stuff to her.

I had similar problems with my other half. I have spent a lot of time explaining how the whole thing works, so she understands. It takes a while for it to go in properly -- for example, she was trying to convince me that I should quit for the day when I was ahead, and I had to set this correct, etc.

However, now she understands it's no big deal. She looks at me at the end of the day and asks me how much I'm down. I grimace and tell her. We both shrug our shoulders, because we both know it has been a good month so far. And then we move on to the next topic....

Easy E
07-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I hope her questions aren't bedroom-related? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DDonee
07-22-2005, 04:58 PM
It sounds like she is going to try to learn how to play whether you like it or not..start her playing on a free account on a site...then teach her how to play live. Think about it!!! when she does learn you can then take her to a casino....that way when she play low stakes limit hold'em and you can spend more time playing live..which is by the way where the real money is.

Subfallen
07-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Just tell her your results? Don't see the problem.

MicroBob
07-22-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've found the better looking a woman is, the more you have to establish your alpha-maleness in a relationship or they will walk all over you. His women is ticking him off and he needs to address the siuation.

Based on your response, I doubt you are much of an authority on getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right!!
I think completely ignoring your GF is the way to go!!

Seriously...when your GF says that you aren't paying enough attention to her then you probably aren't.

Why anyone would actually want to prioritize poker over their their GF or just getting laid is beyond me.

You can call it 'alpha-maleness' all you want.
I call it 'blowing off your chick to play a stupid game'.

(note - I'm short, balding and not exactly a hunk....so the technique of 'blowing-her-off' isn't going to get me anywhere anyway and that knowledge may cloud my perspective a bit)

ggbman
07-22-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sorry you lost today.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL nh

tek
07-23-2005, 10:53 AM
You can actually use that as a positive. If you can honestly go back and review you good hands and bad hands, you might get some insight into what you are doing right and wrong. You may be able to do this on your own in your head, but women do want to talk to their guy, so this is a good opportunity to talk poker. You'll be listening to enough girl stuff with her and watching Lifetime, so take any opportnity to talk poker with her that you can and be thankful she'll listen.

I do this after each tourny with my wife. She listens to the great plays I make, bad beats, stories about players and dealers. She's sat behind me on occasion at ring games (although I am primarily a live tourny player) so she has a grounding for what I am talking about.

YES, it is difficult to come home and say "Down $x" or "Finished X/200 entrants". But, talking it all out is good to help review.

Salespeople will tell their wives r gf what their sales goal is when they leave the house (for motivation) and review the day when they return.

cassette
07-24-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Give her some rules. Such as:
1. You may never ask me how much...NEVER. Because it f*** with poker mental process. Explain to her a person can play like **** and still make tons of money. Playing well is all that matters.
2. You may me questions such as:
Did you play well today?
Did you make some great laydowns?
and I'm sure you can think of some others that will allow her feel included and feel excited.

As with any rules there must be consequences. If she breaks rule explain the rules again. If she breaks it again then tell her she is 'cut off' from poker info for a week and follow thru with your threat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a fun guy! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Subfallen
07-25-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I haven't heard this advice yet, but have you considered simply winning more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

Impressive. Post more.

WDC
07-25-2005, 04:51 PM
I had the same problem with my wife until I finally just explained to her that I would no longer discuss my results with her. She can ask If I played well or had a good time but I will not answer her if she asks how much I won or lost. I explained that her need to know my results was taking the fun out of the game for me and that she just did not have the right mentality to look at poker as more than just on session. We talked about how upset she got when I told her I lost $500 one night forgetting that the week before I was up $1500. She finally agreed that she would not ask about results as long as don't play higher than 8-16 and that I go lower if I have less than a 200 big bet bankroll. I also agreed to make donations to the new kitchen fund if I am up over 100 big bets. So far so good.

By the way I play live and only about 4-5 times a month.

tek
07-25-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She finally agreed that she would not ask about results as long as don't play higher than 8-16...

By the way I play live and only about 4-5 times a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see, no chance of moving up as your skill increases. Can only play once a week. Many nights of sitting in a lawn chair in front of the garage talking with neighbors...

Ohhh Yahh, ya sure told da wife a ting or twooo. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

betgo
07-26-2005, 11:59 AM
I started out with play money two years ago and was mostly supporting myself with poker by last summer. I could get a real job at atleast $80K, but I think poker has more potential long term. I made 8.5K with 2nd place in an online MTT a few weeks ago, but haven't been making a lot in this last month. I think my gf is somewhat worried about my making enough.

Also, when I had been playing about 6 months, I would multitable $5 SNGs. I would almost always show a profit for the day and always for the week. Gf got into asking me how much I made that day and got excited if I won a lot. The money part is of course all she understands. Got to be a pain when she would say "50, before you were up 120; you should have quit for the day."

Recently, it has been totally out of hand, so this thread helped. Now she asks "how are you playing?"

With an amateur player, I think you need to not tell your wife how you did on a particular session. However, you need to give her a report for the month and/or let her know of online purchases and cash outs. You might need to also tell her what stakes you are playing. Otherwise, she will be afraid you are blowing everything gambling.

TheWorstPlayer
07-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't believe this thread is so long without anyone providing the obvious answer: lie.

betgo
07-26-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe this thread is so long without anyone providing the obvious answer: lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't work with my gf. She is somewhat psychic and makes good reads.

Also, this is a very bad idea for an amateur player whose wife fears he is a degenerate gambler.

TheWorstPlayer
07-26-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't work with my gf. She is somewhat psychic and makes good reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't slip stuff past your girlfriend, maybe you're not cut out for poker.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, this is a very bad idea for an amateur player whose wife fears he is a degenerate gambler.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are a good poker player, she will never catch on for certain. Fears are just suspicions. She'll never get proof.

boscoboy
07-26-2005, 09:01 PM
you need to make her eyes spin like a slot machine while in bed - this may not get her to quit asking but it will buy you a few hours while she sleeps it off

trevor
07-26-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know that lying is clearly the most +EV aspect of a relationship.

07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do I get my girlfriend to stop asking how much I am up or down for the day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Become a winning player.