PDA

View Full Version : $215s - Resteal This?

Unarmed
07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
4-Handed
Blinds 100/200
CO - 750
Button - 4300
SB - 2100
Hero - 2850

Folded to SB who raises to 700.
Hero has 97o and pushes or folds?

SB has not gotten out of line the whole game and hasn't entered a pot for the last 10 hands b/c they've all been raised before him. The only time it folded around to him was lev 1, he completed and min bet, and I folded.

I dumped it, anyone shove here?

durron597
07-20-2005, 10:35 AM
This is an excellent spot for a resteal. But if he's had no chances to steal pots he might be getting pissed and spite call you.

The fact that he didn't open push is a little worrisome.

junkmail3
07-20-2005, 10:37 AM
I think I would fold also. You're in good shape here, and would be in a fight if you lose. His raise is a little large also. I don't know what that means, but it's large.

He'd also be getting 2:1 odds, having to call T1400 to win T2800, and that's not too bad.

but it would be a high pressure spot for him. I just dont' like him coming to life rigth here for the first time. If he tires it again, I would resteal.

bluefeet
07-20-2005, 10:38 AM
nah...with your read ('selective' is what i gathered), why risk a very possible call with shortie on life-support? i suppose the obvious answer is him calling 'with shortie on life-support'. he's thrown in 1/3 of his chips here...i'd have to favor hiim calling - thus me folding.

ChrisV
07-20-2005, 12:28 PM
The message of the overraise is that SB doesn't want a fight. However, if you pick one with him, I think he's going to call. With a mediocre hand I think he would have folded.

The thing to remember is that a lot of your opponents only decide one thing at once and don't look ahead. Even though logic dictates that if you intend to call a reraise but don't want one then pushing is the way to go, people routinely raise without really thinking about what they will do when reraised.

Newt_Buggs
07-20-2005, 01:51 PM
I think that you should fold here without a read. Maybe if the SS was on life support you could justify a push but experience has shown me that people just call too much in these situation. Maybe this is just a manifestation of spending too much time at the $22s before moving up though.

you will definitly have to give us an update on your abrupt move up. Gl up there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yugoslavian
07-20-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I dumped it

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work.

Now continue to do so in this situation.

Yugoslav

The Don
07-20-2005, 02:03 PM
I always resteal in this spot assuming my opponent is competent.

durron597
07-20-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always resteal in this spot assuming my opponent is competent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus I only raise to 700 in this spot with AA KK or QQ.

Irieguy
07-20-2005, 03:29 PM
I push.

Irieguy

Apathy
07-20-2005, 03:52 PM
It depends completly on who this player is, against many opponents I would push this, but I have a pretty good sense for when I'm being trapped.

curtains
07-20-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends completly on who this player is, against many opponents I would push this, but I have a pretty good sense for when I'm being trapped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on too many things for me to answer just based on reading the HH. One thing is for sure that I do get called plenty of the time when I make a move here in identical situations. I've calmed down quite a bit in these spots.