PDA

View Full Version : A couple of general questions

Valerio
07-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I just startedon NL ring games after playing SNGs for the last 18 months. I guess these are common questions but I don't see an FAQ for this forum.

1. I have been playing at Pokerstars but I notice most people here play on Party. I moved my BR out of there a long time ago because I didn't like the interface or the SNG structure. Are the players on Party so much worse that it is worth playing my cash games over there?

2. When I join a table and I feel like I have an edge, I like to always play with the full buy-in, so I can make the maximum possible in a double-up. If i lose a couple of hands in NL50, and say get down to 25 dollars, is it a bad idea to immediately top-up to the full 50?

Valerio

kongo_totte
07-20-2005, 10:26 AM
1. No, probably not. I play at Party for the HH being directly saved on your computer, making usage of PT easier.

2. No, if you believe a larger stack will generate more positive expectation, reload. I reload when I have lost 5% of my buy in.

directscooter
07-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Don't know about Poker Stars but I used bodog before switching to Party one week ago. The biggest difference is bad players at party (that I have seen so far in my first 3k hands) will overbet 1 pair more often, good when you have a top hand but bad when it really puts you to a tough decision, something I am getting used to. Bodog they are more passive calling more, but also folding a little bit more to aggression. I switched to party use pokertracker, so I can better my game and also check out rakeback.

I always reup when I get to less than 80% of my buy in. I feel not having the near the full buy in pot commits me more and I wind up making bad all in bets or calls.

webmonarch
07-20-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel not having the near the full buy in pot commits me more and I wind up making bad all in bets or calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, the psychological factor is definitely a consideration in addition to the financial advantage.

kongo_totte
07-20-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Good point, the psychological factor is definitely a consideration in addition to the financial advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

What psychological advantage is there with a big stack in SSNL cash games?