PDA

View Full Version : Horrible played 30/60

Lalit Khajuria
07-20-2005, 05:07 AM
This is a hand I played today in pokerstars 30/60.
Over all I think I [censored] it up pretty badly.
Just need to make sure what were the biggest misstakes.

SB seems to overplayed hands a bit.
UTG is unknown.
CO is the biggest fish I have ever seen, plays 90% of hands and calls down with everything. Side note: He had won >$3000 in 20mins before this hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Equal
07-20-2005, 05:28 AM
Interesting hand LK.

I think you should have raised the flop and bet the turn. The flop raise is for value (as you are likely &gt;25% equity) and an informational raise.. you'd really like to see if UTG takes the opportunity to three-bet.

If you don't raise the flop, you absolutely must raise the turn. If UTG has AK so be it. You mention the SB seems to be overplaying his hands, so take the opportunity he presents to you on the turn and narrow the field. If UTG 3-bets, you are surely behind. However you have 4 outs to the FH.

hicherbie
07-20-2005, 09:06 AM
i think the flop call is fine, but you should raise the turn when sb bets into the field.

scags23
07-20-2005, 09:39 AM
I agree with everyone else in that u have to raise the turn. However, I would have played it where I probably never had that opportunity. I like betting into the raiser (UTG) on the flop. It allows you to take control of the hand. The UTG raiser may raise right behind u knocking out the other callers right there. Then u can 3 bet to find out where u are at. Or u could smooth call and bet into him again on turn

LarsVegas
07-20-2005, 09:42 AM
You should raise the turn, but given that you didn't, I don't think you can overcall the river.

Other than that, fine, QTo isn't a great hand against an unknown UTG raiser, but fourway with a total sucker in there, I think it's an easy call.

lars

correia
07-20-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with everyone else in that u have to raise the turn. However, I would have played it where I probably never had that opportunity. I like betting into the raiser (UTG) on the flop. It allows you to take control of the hand. The UTG raiser may raise right behind u knocking out the other callers right there. Then u can 3 bet to find out where u are at. Or u could smooth call and bet into him again on turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone else basically sumed it up, if you're not betting the flop the SB's bet on the turn gives you an excellent opportunity to raise and see where your at.

Lalit Khajuria
07-21-2005, 04:05 AM
SB had 98
UTG had KK

I agree with everybody that turn raise was almost must, but also that river fold should have been basic.

During the hand I thought only possible hands I beat are UTG having AA/AQ and SB JT, dont know what are the odds of that - but not too high.

spoohunter
07-21-2005, 04:28 AM
UTG has a king there every single time.

DeeJ
07-21-2005, 04:58 AM
Why not AQ?

DcifrThs
07-21-2005, 05:23 AM
3 words RE: preflop call,

reverse implied odds...

but what do i know...im just a rock.

-Barron

flytrap
07-21-2005, 07:53 AM
I think I'm folding preflop. UTG raise is scary, even if it's a player that's slightly on the loose side. Playing 4-way with qto in a raised pot where the raiser has position can't be a good thing in the long run. Maybe the best players eek out a profit here, and certainly if you have a read that utg is really loose, but for most players I just fold pre-flop.

oreogod
07-23-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

reverse implied odds...

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you're a poker http://orangecow.org/pythonet/pics/dvd/graildvdpic2.jpg..so its perfectly alright.

DcifrThs
07-23-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

reverse implied odds...

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you're a poker http://orangecow.org/pythonet/pics/dvd/graildvdpic2.jpg..so its perfectly alright.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are being sarcastic, vnh.

if you are being serious, im wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy far from it.

-Barron

ps- either way thats a really cool picture

oreogod
07-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Bit of both, while being a weird compliment that allowed me to finally use that pic. Your advice is always solid and from what Ive seen on the PS table you definitly play well. (Im not one of those ppl that religiously watch high limit tables, but I do everyonce and a while, while bored.)

But yeah, definitly reverse implied odds for this hand preflop.