PDA

View Full Version : Check-raising an all-in player

pudley4
02-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Playing 2/4 at Canterbury Sunday. The flop gets checked around to the button who bets $1 all-in. The BB tries to complete to $2. The dealer tells him he can't check-raise an all-in player. I say he should be allowed to raise to $3, since the $1 was at least half of a full bet. The dealer insists he can't check-raise an all-in player, and calls for the floor. The floor agrees with the dealer /forums/images/icons/confused.gif. What is the rule in other cardrooms?

Here is the rule at CP (I put the relevant part in bold):

An all-in wager of less than half a bet does not reopen the betting for any player who has already acted and is in the pot for all previous bets. A player facing less than half a bet may fold, call or complete the wager. An all-in wager of half a bet or more is treated as a full bet and a player may fold, call or make a full raise.

Am I right or am I reading the rule wrong?

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-24-2003, 05:05 PM
His all-in was only 1/3 of a full bet.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-24-2003, 05:16 PM
thought the game was 3/6

Vehn
02-24-2003, 05:18 PM
The dealer & floorman were wrong, the BB should have been able to raise to $3 - I see it all the time at CP. The "full bet" refered to in the rule book applies to the current betting round, not a "big bet".

Who were they, by the way?

Bob T.
02-24-2003, 05:41 PM
I think that you are right, and they are wrong.

pudley4
02-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Don was the dealer, the floor was a lady with long dark curly hair, I'm not sure what her name is.