PDA

View Full Version : Share your musical letdown story here

PokerBob
07-20-2005, 12:53 AM
I used to really like Wilco. Uncle Tupelo was one of the most influencial bands of the 90's and I was a huge fan. When Wilco's AM came out, I couldn't get enough of it. Wilco came to the Twin Cites for 2 nights back in 97, and I of course bought tickets for both shows. I coudln't wait, but.....Tweedy acted like a jackass and was taking off his clothes and they turned a few of their songs into 10 minute annoying jam sessions. They were obviously burned out from the tour and were sick of the music and not into it at all. It was so bad I didn't even go to the show the next night. Meh. I want my $10 back.

YHFT sucks

whiskeytown
07-20-2005, 01:09 AM
I thought YHFT was ok - but Ghost is Born is a big letdown

actually, I just bought the new Son Volt - Farrar is closer to my musical tastes then the stuff from Wilco these days.

RB

istewart
07-20-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but Ghost is Born is a big letdown

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

PokerBob
07-20-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

actually, I just bought the new Son Volt - Farrar is closer to my musical tastes then the stuff from Wilco these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whene did it come out??? [censored], Cheapo is closed.

PokerBob
07-20-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a lot of it, but I can do without 12 minutes of a washing machine running or whatever the hell that crap is.

Claunchy
07-20-2005, 01:18 AM
It's all good. Uncle Tupelo...good. A.M...good. All the way up to AGIB...good. They have changed considerably through time, but neither the music nor the lyrics have ever failed to impress me. Anyone who fails to see this is just nitpicking and depriving themselves of some great music.

PokerBob
07-20-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to really like Wilco. Uncle Tupelo was one of the most influencial bands of the 90's and I was a huge fan. When Wilco's AM came out, I couldn't get enough of it. Wilco came to the Twin Cites for 2 nights back in 97, and I of course bought tickets for both shows. I coudln't wait, but.....Tweedy acted like a jackass and was taking off his clothes and they turned a few of their songs into 10 minute annoying jam sessions. They were obviously burned out from the tour and were sick of the music and not into it at all. It was so bad I didn't even go to the show the next night. Meh. I want my $10 back.

YHFT sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob
07-20-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's all good. Uncle Tupelo... brilliant . A.M...good. All the way up to AGIB...good. They have changed considerably through time, but neither the music nor the lyrics have ever failed to impress me. Anyone who fails to see this is just nitpicking and depriving themselves of some great music.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

whiskeytown
07-20-2005, 01:22 AM
it came out Tuesday -

I found it in target of all places. None of the regulars on there though but Farrar - I think he did it out of record obligations or something - cause it's virtually like his solo stuff, but he did it in 4 days with a band in St. Louis

RB

PokerBob
07-20-2005, 01:23 AM
good? he dumped the Boquist brothers, right?

whiskeytown
07-20-2005, 01:24 AM
I just edited this old post - but long story short,

yah a whole new backing lineup -

RB

istewart
07-20-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a lot of it, but I can do without 12 minutes of a washing machine running or whatever the hell that crap is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm A Wheel and Theologians make up for anything bad.

08-02-2005, 09:02 PM
bump