PDA

View Full Version : AK in BB $1-2 Full Tilt

NickPoker
07-20-2005, 12:33 AM
9 Players

UG+2 (450)leads out for $10
Folded to Me
Hero ($350) calls from BB

Flop A85r, Hero checks, villain bets $18, Hero calls. Should I check Raise?
Turn 10 Hero checks, villain bets $60, hero calls.
River K, Hero checks, villain bets $175, Hero?

ajmargarine
07-20-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm assuming your choice is between calling and pushing. I would just call. If you're feeling lucky, go ahead and push, it's less than $100 more than if you just call. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this. He bet pot, pot, pot. And you check called him down. He could have AK, he could have a set, he could have a weaker ace than you. Who knows. You don't and you would just be guessing if you pushed. But, wouldn't blame you if you did.

gol4pro
07-20-2005, 03:23 AM
Looks to me like he has AK as well.

Honestly, I HATE your line here. You may be able to push him off AK had you check raised the turn, but now we're sitting here confused if he has AK or a set of Aces.

If you check raise the turn, it's possible he gives you credit for a set, and lets it go.

If he just calls your turn check raise, then push the river, and pray he didn't get cute with a set of A's. But 98% of the time, he's calling for a split pot, which is very good.

I guess just call the river....

NickPoker
07-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I agree my line sucked, that is why I posted it. I think I should have check-raised the flop or maybe even led the flop. I temporarily forgot that it is not good practice to slow play TPTK. It cost me this time, he hit a set on the turn with his pocket 10's. Am I being results oriented or do you guys agree the best move would be to c/r flop?

07-20-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks to me like he has AK as well.

Honestly, I HATE your line here. You may be able to push him off AK had you check raised the turn, but now we're sitting here confused if he has AK or a set of Aces.

If you check raise the turn, it's possible he gives you credit for a set, and lets it go.

If he just calls your turn check raise, then push the river, and pray he didn't get cute with a set of A's. But 98% of the time, he's calling for a split pot, which is very good.

I guess just call the river....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the check raise, if he calls instead of raises, you can be resonably sure you have him beat or at least tied.

amoeba
07-20-2005, 03:56 PM
consider reraising OOP with AK preflop.

NickPoker
07-20-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't usually. What is your line if you get re-raised back? If I get called, what's your line on the flop if you miss?

amoeba
07-20-2005, 04:09 PM
if I get reraised back, I fold 95% of the time, push the other 5%.

if I get called, I bet the flop for 2/3 pot if I miss and I'm hoping for an Ace high, K high or Q high flop.

villain would have to be somewhat solid of course.

punter11235
07-20-2005, 04:16 PM
It looks like easy allin raise.

Best wishes

theben
07-20-2005, 04:18 PM
no, i dont like CR flop

NickPoker
07-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Can you explain why? What line would you take?