View Full Version : KQo in BB with late position limper

betgo
07-20-2005, 12:29 AM
Live $50 tournament. Blinds 200/400/75. I am BB with T5600. Co with T4900 open limps; SB with T2500 completes. I have KQo in BB. What should I do?

TheTimeIsUp
07-20-2005, 12:33 AM
If you have been playing tight, a push seems pretty good here. You'll add over 1k to your stack if they don't call, and have a decent hand if they do. This will also make them fear your blinds in the future.

A raise to about 1200 or 1400 is the other option of course.

Just food for thought.

betgo
07-20-2005, 01:03 AM
I pushed. When it was passed to the CO, I had pretty much decided to defend my blind and push at any raiser or limper. My hand was only dominated by really big hands, there was 1300 in the pot (2100 after the limp and complete) with the big antes, and I didn't want people messing with my blind.

CO called and showed ATs. It was a pretty easy call with that hand. That was probably the worst limping hand for me that he could have, unless he was trapping with a big pair. I had a 38% chance agianst it, but it was close to even with pot odds.

I guess CO was just a passive player. Obviously a standard raise or push to pick up the blinds and antes would be correct here. We probably would have wound up allin whatever he did.

Lloyd
07-20-2005, 01:28 AM
I'd probably just make a normal raise to around 1500. I think pushing is a bit of an overbet that usually gets called only by slowplayed hands. A normal raise should get marginal hands and small pairs to fold.