PDA

View Full Version : For David Sklansky

awarunn
07-20-2005, 12:19 AM
As a philosophy masters student I want to say that at first glance I am impressed with your arguments in your abortion thread as sound or at least an attempt at soundness (I'm sure many people posting don't know the technical logical definition of this term and don't strive for it, but it seems that you may). Have you read "The Unaborted Socrates" by Peter Kreeft? If not I certainly recommend it. Also have you had much background in philosophy? Logic? Do you think that a subject such as logic has a big influence on good poker playing?

Zygote
07-20-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think that a subject such as logic has a big influence on good poker playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Logic has a big influence on playing well in anything.

uuDevil
07-20-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Logic? Do you think that a subject such as logic has a big influence on good poker playing?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am picturing David Sklansky's reaction to these questions. He has a look of great agony on his face.

Dov
07-20-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also have you had much background in philosophy? Logic? Do you think that a subject such as logic has a big influence on good poker playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the Day

awarunn
07-20-2005, 06:35 AM
haha come one...I don't know much background on him. I think it would be really cool if he had some education in philosophy so I thought I'd ask. I take it as a pretty well known fact from these responses that he does though.

snowden719
07-20-2005, 06:37 AM
I for one would be completely and totally astounded if David had any meaningful background in philosophy, although he may have a minor background in logic.

David Sklansky
07-20-2005, 06:39 AM
I have never had a course in philosophy and believe the subject to be a bit silly.

superleeds
07-20-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and believe the subject to be a bit silly

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you merely an instinctive animal that has no constructive thought over your actions then?

David Sklansky
07-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Obviously you are defining the subject a bit differently than I do. My definition might be wrong. Anyway Not
Ready agrees with me.

Dov
07-20-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway Not Ready agrees with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this how you prove things in your philosophy courses or your logic courses?

Or is this Not Ready's gimmick account? (FWIW, I don't think that Not Ready would have made a gimmick account like this, but you never know...)

awarunn
07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Do you think the philosophy you took part in on your abortion post was silly? That was philosophy ya know?

NotReady
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Or is this Not Ready's gimmick account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm a gimmick account for DS.