PDA

View Full Version : Portland, OR Brewfest 2005

nolanfan34
07-19-2005, 11:00 PM
Any of the Pwnland area posters going to attend? Mrs. Nolanfan and I are driving down with some friends to check it out.

And to others on the West Coast, check out this (http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/breweries_2005.htm) list. Recommendations are appreciated, as clearly I will have to prioritize the 25-30 samples I plan to try.

MoreWineII
07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
n/m, reading is hard

I'd like to, will have to check out the schedule.

ThaSaltCracka
07-19-2005, 11:15 PM
when is it? I am always down for kickin it wit Doogie and his lovely wife.

ThaSaltCracka
07-19-2005, 11:16 PM
oh [censored], just realized my rents will be down here that weekend, so that means I have a DD /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Plus the WSOP is that weekend.

JPinAZ
07-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I'll make reccomendations based on what I've actually had.

Bear Republic Racer X
Mendocino Red Tail Ale
Pizza Port Sharkbite Red
Stone Oak Aged Arrogant Bastard

Use at least half of your tickets on Russian River Pliney the Elder.

If you try the 21st Amendment Watermelon Wheat please post how it tastes. It sounds interesting.

nolanfan34
07-20-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you try the 21st Amendment Watermelon Wheat please post how it tastes. It sounds interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least a 99% chance that mrs. nolanfan tries this, so I'll steal a sip. There will be a long trip report, as usual.

BWebb
07-20-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least a 99% chance that mrs. nolanfan tries this, so I'll steal a sip. There will be a long trip report, as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are able to remember enough to post a long trip report, you didn't sample enough beers.

nolanfan34
07-20-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are able to remember enough to post a long trip report, you didn't sample enough beers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I never said it would be a GOOD trip report.

RunDownHouse
07-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Nashville's Brewer's Fest is coming up on the 30th or 31st. It was a blast last year, even though I'm sure the quality wasn't as good as samplings from the northwest would be.

Beer! (http://www.musiccitybrewersfest.com)

nolanfan34
07-20-2005, 06:05 PM
One bump, you beer enthusiasts, I'm still looking for recommendations.

ThaSaltCracka
07-20-2005, 06:15 PM
trying everything sounds like the best play.

goofball
07-20-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One bump, you beer enthusiasts, I'm still looking for recommendations.

[/ QUOTE ]

strongest possible reccomendation for Bridgeport ropewalk amber ale. Also strongest possible feelings of jealousy that I can't be there.

JPinAZ
07-20-2005, 06:55 PM
I've already posted the beer's I've had that I'd recommend, so here's what I would want to try:

Big Time Kolsch 45
Deschutes The Enigma
Elysian Yuzu's Belgian-style Golden Ale
Eugene City Saison
Flying Fish Dubbel Trubbel
Full Sail Empirial Stout
Laurelwood Organic Deranger
Magnolia Saison de Lily
Old Market Imperial Hop On!
Roots Gruit Kolsch
Siletz Chocolate Porter
Smuttynose IPA
Terminal Gravity Ten

IHateKeithSmart
07-20-2005, 07:11 PM
I went to this about 3 yrs ago - it's a really good time. RE: beer recommendations, definitely try the Siletz and the Bottoms Up.