PDA

View Full Version : lil help

The Truth
07-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, hero ?

opponent is a LAG

mike l.
07-19-2005, 09:40 PM
check behind and in this case you fold to a river bet in that tiny pot unless the board makes a straight without the fourth club, or you spike an A or Q in which case you only call. Ac and Qc are gonna be borderline but id lean toward a fold. and yes i did notice you said bb is a lag. anything else is spewriffically wrong.

gonores
07-19-2005, 09:49 PM
I like mike's line. Most LAGs have had enough of the check-turn call-river line in these steal situations. If they bet the river, they almost always want a call.

07-19-2005, 10:08 PM
I concur with checking the turn.

However, I lean towards calling if he bets on the river, because you will frequently induce bluffs by checking the turn, and I believe you do have something you can showdown enough to be profitable.

The Truth
07-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Yea, I agree. I think I have been continuing agression too often in this spot.
How often do you guys check the turn behind heads up vs bet, and what things are important to note.
I.e board texture, opponent you get the jist

jediael
07-19-2005, 10:15 PM
If you check behind you really have to call a river bet. He just has some kind of ace high or even a single club way to often.

mike l.
07-20-2005, 02:31 AM
this sort of situation comes up so incredibly often and is so board and player specific that asking in general about this sort of thing is almost as broad as asking "how do you play hold em correctly?"

it's one of the harder more nuanced parts of the game and anyone who has a stock answer to this sort of thing without carefully taking into account all the details is the sort of player who is mediocre and can only get by with amazing game selection and stupidly tight preflop requirements. in other words, me. but im still not giving up my secret super weak default line of check behind, fold the river. oops i just did.

ike
07-20-2005, 03:38 AM
Mike's nuts, betting here is fine. You're ahead a lot of the time and lots of hands that you want to fold will. If you do check behind though, I agree that paying off on the river is bad against many opponents, even many LAGs.

The Truth
07-20-2005, 03:46 AM
I think multi tabling I have developed a bad habit of "standard" lines, because i'll get in situations where I am playing 3 big pots at the same time and have to go into auto pilot.

I think my standard line in situations like this (given random board cards) is usually bet flop, bet turn, check river behind.

that is standard right?