PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is it them? It's them, right?

Dave5511
07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Okay, Party 1/2. I'm UTG w/ Jh Jc

UTG raise, 1 MP caller, BB calls.

Flop: 3s Ks 3d

BB check, UTG bet, MP call BB call

Turn: Js (Boo-ya!)

BB check, UTG bet, MP RAISE, BB call 2, UTG 3 bet, MP Cap, BB call 2, UTG Call

River: Ac

BB **BETS**, UTG raise, MP call 2, BB 3 bet, UTG caps, MP call 2, BB call.

MP flips over, of course, As 7s for nut flush

BB flips over....get this.... Ad Ah.

Did I miss anything on this hand, or do I just have to chalk this one up to some doof on Party?

Nick C
07-19-2005, 07:09 PM
By the time BB is 3-betting the river, I'd be a little concerned, mainly because his line is so weird and there's not a whole lot he could have and feel good about all of a sudden (QT? A3?).

But I'd expect to win. And, anyway, I think you played it fine.

Vee Quiva
07-19-2005, 07:20 PM
You did fine

Paxosmotic
07-19-2005, 07:39 PM
It's them, you've just got to pay off. You'll probably never move a player off aces in your entire career, so don't even fret.

callmedonnie
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
The flush was somewhat expected on that board. Not much else to draw to. The Aces were unfortunate. Boat vs boat is tough, especially in this spot. you played fine and got unlucky. The guy with Aces played somewhat poorly, though with Aces he is probably going to see a showdown he just could played better. He would have gotten lucky anyway.

This is just a bad beat, and responses to these types of hands are typically few and seldom helpful. You just have get used to them, you played this one fine.

Dave5511
07-19-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the time BB is 3-betting the river, I'd be a little concerned, mainly because his line is so weird and there's not a whole lot he could have and feel good about all of a sudden (QT? A3?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Even so, all that's beating me now is AA, KK and 33. If I 4 bet the river, that cost me 2 more bets to get 3 more in the pot ( 2 from MP, 1 from BB). Should I not expect to win this hand more than 67% of the time?

We all knew the MP hit his flush, so he doesn't really matter, but w/only those 3 hands that beat me, and hands like QT, A3, K3, KJ, AK, AJ J3, 3x that pay me off, aren't I getting a better value by 4 betting the river?

(not to mention the fact that who could possibly put that guy on AA after calling on all 3 streets)

Dave5511
07-19-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flush was somewhat expected on that board. Not much else to draw to. The Aces were unfortunate. Boat vs boat is tough, especially in this spot. you played fine and got unlucky. The guy with Aces played somewhat poorly, though with Aces he is probably going to see a showdown he just could played better. He would have gotten lucky anyway.

This is just a bad beat, and responses to these types of hands are typically few and seldom helpful. You just have get used to them, you played this one fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if it sounded that way, but I wasn't trying to go for a "Man, check out this rape" post. I was more shocked that pissed when he turned over AA. In an action situation like this, it's usually fairly easy to figure out what someone has...but I'll be honest, the AA never entered my mind.

The " Is it me or is it them? It's them, right? " title was just a quote from an old Martin Short character on SNL (the smoking guy). A typical cuteness attempt resulting in total failure.

Nick C
07-19-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even so, all that's beating me now is AA, KK and 33. If I 4 bet the river, that cost me 2 more bets to get 3 more in the pot ( 2 from MP, 1 from BB). Should I not expect to win this hand more than 67% of the time?

We all knew the MP hit his flush, so he doesn't really matter, but w/only those 3 hands that beat me, and hands like QT, A3, K3, KJ, AK, AJ J3, 3x that pay me off, aren't I getting a better value by 4 betting the river?

(not to mention the fact that who could possibly put that guy on AA after calling on all 3 streets)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should cap the river.

I was just saying I'd be confused and slightly worried while I was doing it.

private joker
07-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Is it Small Stakes or is it Micro-Limit? It's Micro-Limit, right?

Dave5511
07-19-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it Small Stakes or is it Micro-Limit? It's Micro-Limit, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured 1/2 was SS. If it's micro, sorry.

jjacky
07-19-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...but I'll be honest, the AA never entered my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone misplays a hand severly it is very deceptive most of the time. nothing to worry about imo. you played it fine, he played terrible.
just keep in mind, some people can hold any two cards, even if it makes very litle sense.

07-20-2005, 01:35 AM
I'm on my way!

IronDragon1
07-20-2005, 02:10 AM
While good in principle-I greatly fear this gimmick account will end up in a state of severe overuse

But until then I'll be behind it 100%

Godspeed