PDA

View Full Version : How would you play this?

Banker Ace
07-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Here is a situation I occasionally get myself into, where I don't know the best move. I limp from middle position w/ medium suited connectors (ie. 67s). The flop comes down A45, giving me the open ended straight draw. Do I check to the late position limper or bet 1/2 or pot-sized?
-If I limp, I may see a free card, I may call a small bet, or I may have to fold to a pot sized bet. The oppenent would probably put me on a draw, so if I complete my straight I might not make much money.
-If I make a medium bet, he might call which would mean that if I miss the turn I will either have to put more $ in or probably drop to his steal attempt.
-Same scenario if I make a pot sized bet, however he might fold and I take the pot there.
I do realize that some of you rocks may not even play this hand from middle position, so please only respond if you would play this hand. I'm finding that at PP 25NL suited connectors and small pairs make more money than Ax. In fact I'm a slight loser w/ KK over the past 10K hands.

jkkkk
07-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Depends on the people in the pot, on average, I limp in EP and bet pot in LP.

EMcWilliams
07-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I find it best to bet out those situations about 70% of the time, and just check the other 30%, based on the reads that I have, the time of the session, my stack, and my general mood. I think betting it there is an excellent place for the free card play, and gives you the turn and river hopefully at a much lower price. Playing SC in MP-LP is a good way to change things up, and gives you a chance to gamble a little bit if you want to, as long as you know when you have to lay it down.
As for the bet, anywhere from 1/2-a full pot bet will do the trick, again, depending on reads stacks and the like.

ajmargarine
07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
What would you bet here if your holding was A5? or AJ? or 55? Whatever that amount is, and they should all be the same, bet that.