PDA

View Full Version : KK being sweated.

Lawrence Ng
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Very good live 4-8 game and I'm being sweated by a very good friend/poker player in this hand.

I have KK on the button. UTG raises, 3 guys call, I 3-bet on the button, 1 blind calls and the rest call.

Flop is 8-5-5.

Blind checks, UTG bets, 1st limper raises, 2nd limper cold calls, I call, blind fold, UTG 3-bets, 1st limper caps, 2nd limper calls, I call, UTG calls.

Turn is a 6.

UTG checks, 1st limper bets, 2nd limper folds, I raise, UTG cold calls. 2nd limper calls.

River is a 2.

Check to me and I bet....

Lawrence

mr pink
07-19-2005, 05:39 PM
no reads here? i dunno, i think you're in trouble unless you've got some LAGs out there.

Dave5511
07-19-2005, 05:52 PM
1. Why cold call the flop? I think you need to 3 bet that. The fact that UTG raised then called the 3 bet sounds an awful lot like 88/99/TT. He then bets out at a low flop, figuring your 3 bet for AK or AQ. If you 3 bet and it turns out he does have something like 88855, then you call the cap and can fold the turn if you don't improve (or call down if he's the type of guy would push 99/TT/JJ w/no overs)

2. I don't know what to make of the first limper raising. Keep in mind he cold called preflop. Would he have cold called w/ A8s/o, A5s/o, 88? What's the guy like?

3. Why raise the turn? I would rather you 3 bet the flop than raise the turn.

Without a read on the players, its really hard to say. I would say that 1 pair (kings up really, but that doesn't matter since if anyone flopped two pair on the board they boated up)...I mean, no one could have 86 or 62, right....I really think UTG had 99/TT since he backed off it so fast, but who knows.

That's all I got for you....re-raise the flop, not the turn (unless you improve or decide that kings up are good)

Lawrence Ng
07-19-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG checks, 1st limper bets, 2nd limper folds, I raise, UTG cold calls. 2nd limper calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction here guys: It should be UTG checks, 1st limper bets, 2nd limper folds, UTG cold calls, 1st limper calls

mr pink
07-19-2005, 06:12 PM
what's the play if your turn raise gets 3-bet?