PDA

View Full Version : Am I agressive or stupid? You decide.

skierdude1000
07-19-2005, 05:01 PM
The hand on pokerhand.org (http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=89963)

Comments?

kuro
07-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I don't like it because the chips you possibly win or lose are pretty meaningless given the depth of your stacks but you risk ruining your image if you make it to showdown and win. I certainly don't want the table to think I'm raising with any two when it's folded to my button later on.

gildwulf
07-19-2005, 05:42 PM
This is pretty terrible. Even if you are chip leader, you are making a very aggressive play for a very small amount of chips with a very poor hand; and as the other poster said, the worst thing that happens is getting this hand to showdown. You will have no chance of blind stealing when it actually counts.

If I saw a player do something like this, I would just put 'WPT' (i.e. watches too much WPT, overly aggressive, chronic bluffer, reraise with any decent hand) in my notes and adjust accordingly.

skierdude1000
07-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Ok, the thing is, before that hand, I had won 3 strait huge pots with Overpairs (QQ, 88) and a fullhouse which I showed down and knocked 3 people out on.

I sensed he was weak and thought I could push him off of a hand.

I'm a very tight agressive player, so this move was a little new for move, but I'm trying to improve my postflop game

Insty
07-20-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, the thing is, before that hand, I had won 3 strait huge pots with Overpairs (QQ, 88) and a fullhouse which I showed down and knocked 3 people out on.

I sensed he was weak and thought I could push him off of a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you didnt give us this information initially because?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a very tight agressive player, so this move was a little new for move, but I'm trying to improve my postflop game

[/ QUOTE ]

And 2/2 posters have said they dont like it. I don't like it either.
Were we supposed to tell you you were gods gift to poker?

bigt439
07-20-2005, 12:46 PM
You don't need to button steal in this spot. If you do, do it with a hand that can actually hit a flop, say 97s or something. If you do steal, don't min raise. Your opponent has bet into the initial raiser. You somehow decide he is weak. If you do decide this, don't min raise. You then still think he's weak on the turn and commit too many chips to your bluff. About 1/2 to 2/3 of your bet would accomplish the same thing. Not a good time or way to be aggressive. Save that for later on when you can push. In response to the other posters, image is overvalued.